IN NEED OF STEP 3 COURSE; but which one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heartdochead

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on which USMLE Step 3 Course is best out there?

I know Kaplan has a good one, or atleast its marketing department is pretty good to get itself out there to the masses.

How about Premier Review?

Anyone who might have taken either one, please respond; so I make an informed decision. If anyone knows of any other course do let me know.

I have made the decision to take a course, so any/all advice is appreciated as to which one and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Many people go for Kaplan notes.On top of it Kaplan lecture audio,you can find it on e-bay,not sure how much it cost :)

Many people go for Kaplan notes.On top of it Kaplan lecture audio,you can find it on e-bay,not sure how much it cost :)

I would steer clear from Kaplan -- even if it is free, which it is obviously FAR from. Premier Review and USMLE World are the highest yield materials that exist on the market.
Student consult ccs cases are really very good also.
Kaplan audios are completely junk in my opinion, as are the notes for step 3. They are not up to date on information tested on step 3 at all.
Kaplan most definitely does NOT have a good review course. The sad thing is, that the course is longer and much more expensive than Premier Review.

I would steer clear from Kaplan -- even if it is free, which it is obviously FAR from. Premier Review and USMLE World are the highest yield materials that exist on the market.
Student consult ccs cases are really very good also.
Kaplan audios are completely junk in my opinion, as are the notes for step 3. They are not up to date on information tested on step 3 at all.
Kaplan most definitely does NOT have a good review course. The sad thing is, that the course is longer and much more expensive than Premier Review.

I think I would have to agree with this. As I am not a great test taker by no means, However Premier Review is brief and highly concise in terms of High Yield than that of Kaplan. I'm taking Step 3 in a month from now and been studying Premier Review for about a month and a half now. Anyways good luck on your choice of study.

Premier Review + UW = Pass :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I would have to agree with this. As I am not a great test taker by no means, However Premier Review is brief and highly concise in terms of High Yield than that of Kaplan. I'm taking Step 3 in a month from now and been studying Premier Review for about a month and a half now. Anyways good luck on your choice of study.

Premier Review + UW = Pass :luck:

you got that right. Take Kaplan and fail is what I want to add.
Premier Review and USMLE World. The only way to go.

I think the key to this exam is doing questions from different sources. In terms of a good course, Premier is good but it didn't help me pass Step 3 the first time.

I think the key to this exam is doing questions from different sources. In terms of a good course, Premier is good but it didn't help me pass Step 3 the first time.

sorry to hear that.
Premier is really good but should be supplemented.
NMS was a pretty solid question bank. It is worded different than the actual examination but the concepts are very good -- and the negatively phrased questions help the material to really sink in much better.