In the area e-mails

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BRRF

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be impolite to e-mail Albert Einstein University with the following message (obviously worded more nicely):

I have interviews at Mount Sinai and Columbia on the same weekend, are you giving me an interview or not? It'd be good to know so that NYC can be one weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, you should definitely go for it. Those are comparable schools so they may take you up on it.

Of course, I would suggest being much more polite with the email! :)

Also, I would be hesitant to list the specific schools or even the specific reason. I would think a more ambiguous reason, perhaps implying your travels are related to the medical school application process, should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say do it. If they say no, then they probably weren't going to interview you anyways. There's no reason you should spend more than necessary on travel expenses.

Hmm... Why not? What have you got to lose. A little arrogance like that might catch their eye.

Hmm... Why not? What have you got to lose. A little arrogance like that might catch their eye.

Yeah, send that message straight. You've got nothing to lose, OP.:thumbup:

Well, it's a week later and no word back. They're really on the ball over there :cool: