In the year 2012: pharmacy predictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The FDA will create the "behind the counter" drug category. What is your prediction?

Members don't see this ad.

Just as long as the robots don't take over the drug dispensing business!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be the man....

So you are predicting the world will end in 2012? I will double down and predict the world will end in 2011.

confettiflyer becomes a pharmacist, SDN weeps.

retail jobs will only be plentiful in fly over country, the rust belt, the deep south, and high crime areas.

Confettifyler becomes a pharmacist but can't pass the California boards. Confettifyler weeps. :smuggrin:

confettiflyer passes MPJE and reciprocates after a year. california weeps the addition of another republican.

speaking of, 2012 sees more Sarah Palin.

confettiflyer passes MPJE and reciprocates after a year. california weeps the addition of another republican.

speaking of, 2012 sees more Sarah Palin.

Then Confettiflyer realizes that he needs to pass the CJPE. California waves Confettiflyer good-bye.

who controls the past controls the future. who controls the present controls the past

big brother is watching you

Members don't see this ad :)
Then Confettiflyer realizes that he needs to pass the CJPE. California waves Confettiflyer good-bye.

oh duh, haha, for some reason i thought they waived that too. oh well. you know, every day i live out here, the more i realize how obnoxious and smug us californians are. i should move to w. va and terrorize wvupharm.

okay 2012...all students entering that year will be subject to a more difficult national exam. maybe.

Who cares? The world ends in 2012...or something like that...
Don't quote me on this, but I think Nostradamus said it was 3797.

...Anyhoo, by 2012, BufferGel will be on the market, people will even more sexually active (if such a thing is possible), AIDS and STDs will skyrocket, and even more people will pull down their pants in pharmacies to show pharmacists the "suspicious rashes" on their butts and privates.

Avian influenza goes pandemic, much like the influenza of 1917-1918.

I will become a pharmacist (assuming the world still exists, that is) and be bitterly disappointed when real life slaps me across the face.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=5301284&page=1
According to the article, Mayas as well as Egyptians predict the end of the world in 2012. NASA predicts Sun spots ans Sun Flares to rise.

Is the world coming to an end? Perhaps:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012

Yup. Also, a meteor is suppose to hit and some "New Age" occurs where everyone transcends into a higher spiritual age.

There's tons of youtube videos and websites talking about it, which is why I mentioned it. Pretty crazy how everything seems to converge on this one year [2012]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012

Yup. Also, a meteor is suppose to hit and some "New Age" occurs where everyone transcends into a higher spiritual age.

There's tons of youtube videos and websites talking about it, which is why I mentioned it. Pretty crazy how everything seems to converge on this one year [2012]

Time to move underground:D. We shall all become Morlocks:eek:.

Here is another theory:

2012 is expected to be year of great positive change. It is not the end of the world! Back in 1899 something was identified called Schumann Cavity Resonance. It is the heart beat or frequency of the Earth. Since its discovery till 1986 this heart beat frequency was constant 7.8 Hertz per second. From 1986 it started to raise dramatically and in 1998 it was reported to be 10 hertz per second. On other hand magnetics of the earth are dropping dramatically and it is expected they will reach zero point in 2012. Maya calendar and other calendars end in 2012, but it is not the end of the world just beginning of the new one since every 26000 years Earth goes through grand cycle of evolution.
http://www.interestingfacts.org/?page=fact&id=202

Here is another theory:

2012 is expected to be year of great positive change. It is not the end of the world! Back in 1899 something was identified called Schumann Cavity Resonance. It is the heart beat or frequency of the Earth. Since its discovery till 1986 this heart beat frequency was constant 7.8 Hertz per second. From 1986 it started to raise dramatically and in 1998 it was reported to be 10 hertz per second. On other hand magnetics of the earth are dropping dramatically and it is expected they will reach zero point in 2012. Maya calendar and other calendars end in 2012, but it is not the end of the world just beginning of the new one since every 26000 years Earth goes through grand cycle of evolution.
http://www.interestingfacts.org/?page=fact&id=202
Sounds like the earth is going to go into cardiac arrest:scared:.

Around July of 2012 a certain hospital pharmacist in a basement somewhere will shudder at the thought of having to fill my very first prescription.

Now drive thrus in pharmacies.........in 2012 customers will have the dollar menu for rxs and value meal comes with mucinex and aspirin, and the kids meal comes with syringes.................................................

Last edited:
NOW DRIVE THRUS IN PHARMACIES.........IN 2012 CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE THE DOLLAR MENU FOR RXS AND VALUE MEAL COMES WITH MUCINEX AND ASPIRIN, AND THE KIDS MEAL COMES WITH SYRINGES.................................................

WARNING::::

:(:(:(WAGS AND CVS MAKING THE DRIVE THRU, AND OTHER BS IS THE REASON WHY THE PHARMACY PREFOSSION HAS LOST IT CREDIBILITY AND RESPECT OVER THE YEARS, GONE ARE THE TIMES WHEN WE ARE THE PROVIDERS OF KNOWLEDGE, TODAY WE ARE THE ONLY THING THAT IS GETTING IN THE WAY FROM THEM AND THEIR DRUGS, THATS WHY THEY RUSH US AND DONT CARE. WAGS AND CVS HAVE LESS RESPECT FOR PHARMDS AS WELL....POWER IS THERE ANSWER TO MAKE MORE PROFIT FOR THEMSELVES, AND THE TECHS AND PHARMD'S ARE SUFFERING.....I AM REPEATING THIS POST BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO SPREAD THE TRUTH, I HAVE SEEN WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND I AM TRYING TO PROTECT MY PROFESSION AND YOURS AS WELL....THIS IS SERIOUS TIMES...WE ALL NEED TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PREPARED:idea::idea:

weird.. it seems like i've heard this exact same thing before... wonder where..? oh yeah! in the 5 other threads you posted it in! lay off dude!

:eyebrow:Why you do you have to ruin the lite heartedness of this thread:smack:.

Around July of 2012 a certain hospital pharmacist in a basement somewhere will shudder at the thought of having to fill my very first prescription.

we shudder at the thought of filling any and all prescriptions every july! :smuggrin:

Physicians will fax their orders over to Walgreens
Walgreens will forward that fax to some guy in India making $4hr
Guy in India will enter the order into the system
Patient drives up to the drive through at Walgreens
Patient holds out wrist to scan imbedded chip
Robot sticks metal hand out of window with bag of prescriptions
Patient drives off, no pharmacist involved

This is the future of pharmacy. Big retail chains do not care about pharmacists, pharmacists are an expensive burden that will be replaced when there is a cheaper alternative. I am doomed.

weird.. it seems like i've heard this exact same thing before... wonder where..? oh yeah! in the 5 other threads you posted it in! lay off dude!

and you prove your point by reposting it. :luck:

fenix will be competing with confettiflyer for these jobs, WWE style.

DUDE do you know how awesome a WWE wrestler would be who was like, a beefed up, crooked pharmacist? It's like....The Undertaker + Papa Shango except he'd have shady foaming poison pills or crazy burning acid to throw at his opponent when the ref isn't looking.

Oh, yeah...2012 the above wrestler will make his debut. He will simply be called, "The Ultimate Druggist."

2012: Hospital pharmacies will no longer be in the basement but will rather get the best spot in the hospital. I also envision something like the Google offices...massages, our own gym, nap rooms, fish tanks, game room, and probably some slides.

DUDE do you know how awesome a WWE wrestler would be who was like, a beefed up, crooked pharmacist? It's like....The Undertaker + Papa Shango except he'd have shady foaming poison pills or crazy burning acid to throw at his opponent when the ref isn't looking.

Oh, yeah...2012 the above wrestler will make his debut. He will simply be called, "The Ultimate Druggist."

Don't tell me all your tricks before we start!

Sounds like the earth is going to go into cardiac arrest:scared:.

That means that it'll need drugs! Let's give it digoxin to slow down its heartbeat (hopefully that's right...I'm still a P1).

More jobs for pharmacists!

This stuff about 2012- ridiculous.. honestly.
But, if something does happen, well... looks like we're all worshiping down to B.O! :) and Sarah Palin gets her ear bitten of by Jay. Law. (Yes, Jason Lawrence.), because she was too busy pontificating mundane stuff about our economy. :soexcited:

In 2012: I'll be doing a rotation at a community pharmacy and see my retired organic chem professor ask for Valium :laugh:

This stuff about 2012- ridiculous.. honestly.
But, if something does happen, well... looks like we're all worshiping down to B.O! :) and Sarah Palin gets her ear bitten of by Jay. Law. (Yes, Jason Lawrence.), because she was too busy pontificating mundane stuff about our economy. :soexcited:

does anyone know what this post says? i'm curious

Yeah, because a crooked pharmacist gimmick is TOTALLY what WWE needs. That wouldn't, you know, cause the Chris Benoit incident or the Eddie Guerrero tragedy to resurface, and it definitely wouldn't lead to that **** Nancy Grace running her mouth and prompting me to give her a mighty Danza Slap. Nooooooo...

who controls the past controls the future. who controls the present controls the past

Now testify!

Old Timer enters his 30th year as a pharmacist......
Votes for Priapism321 as "The Man"....
Gets every weekend off for his efforts......

Hopefully getting out of PGY-1 and possibly going into PGY-2 pediatric pharmacy practice residency somewhere.

If not, perhaps I'll be in Barrow, Alaska with the IHS and seeing how long it takes Hot chocolate to freeze while the wife and kids trade drugs to Inuit for fish. or some such thing.

Cal FINALLY makes it to the Rosebowl and denies Stanford and USC a 6th win for a bowl game. They both Weep!