Inapropriate posting. Please, read.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realzved

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have just registered and this is my first posting in this forum. I am writing this in respond to the posting titled “IMG friendly PM&R program” on 8/1/06 and signed by somebody who has chosen the user name “ZZZVED”.
My name is Zvezdomir Zamfirov and my friends and colleagues call me Zed. I am PGY-4 and one of the chief residents in NRH. I started my residency in AECOM, NY and transferred to NRH after PGY-2. With the above mentioned posting somebody has obviously impersonated me and I feel that it’s my obligation to respond to it. I apologize if it sounds too personal for this forum, but I am sure that anyone in my place would do the same.
I would like to make some comments regarding this posting and hopefully these comments will be seen by as many people as possible.
First, AECOM, NY is a great program, dedicated faculty staff and diverse curriculum and I highly recommend it to everybody. I was very happy there but I had to switch due to family reasons. My wife had a job in Maryland and she was not able to move to NY with me, so when position became available in NRH, I took the chance.
My current program NRH underwent some administrative changes recently, all with very positive impact on the program. The program is well balanced, with good research opportunities and sufficient clinical training. You will meet happy residents here and it is not true that “every year residents try to leave”. Again, my high recommendations for all candidates for PM&R residency.
And finally, I would like to comment on the pain fellowship program which is run by NRH. I did a month of elective with them last year and I intend to do another month this year. It is a great fellowship with a significant amount of spinal injections combined with inpatient pain training. Highly recommend to everyone who considers pain fellowship. Personally, I am going to practice next year and I am not interested in fellowship but this program would be my first choice if I am a fellowship applicant. I am not familiar with the selection process, but knowing the people in charge for that, I can tell for sure that spots are not “distributed in a corrupted non professional way”. I happened to know the current fellow and I can clearly say that he deserves the position more than anybody else.
I believe that forums like this one are very helpful for exchanging important information between the students and residents, but everyone has to be aware of possibility to be misled with false information and inappropriate postings by people who misuse the Internet.
Please, feel free to e-mail me with any questions and comments.
My e-mail is: [email protected]

Zed Zamfirov

Members don't see this ad.

Zed,

Thanks for posting and clarifying the information. Unfortunately, there will always be those who abuse the anonymity of the Internet in order to grind axes. As a moderator, it is difficult to sort out legitimate from illegitimate posters. I've deleted the other thread (which actually came to my attention through another moderator, but we elected to keep it open). I've also taken other administrative actions against the User you identified.

Thanks for your contribution to the SDN community. It's only by self-monitoring that we can keep the forum of high value to everyone.

--Drusso

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I am an IMG and I am looking for a good program. I think this forum as well as the "scutwork" site is a good opportunity to get the real evaluation from the residents/students. I heard that the programs realize that and push faked positive reviews (directly or through chiefs like this one) in order to fool applicants. I was told that the dishonest exchief from Monte put all the positive reviews on the scutwork site. The moral - do your own research, don't blindly trust those reviews.

It's is very sad that some IMG who fell prey to this policy.

I don't have a 1st hand experience, but I did some research. That's what I found about AECOM (Monte) from several grads. I can't believe this guy said that:
AECOM, NY is a great program, dedicated faculty staff and diverse curriculum and I highly recommend it to everybody.

This program is one of the worst. I heard from several people that teaching does not exit exept for the clinic they show you at Monte (you spend their 5 mo or less out of your 3y - the rest is massive nasty scut). I heard that the last year chiefs did not get any fellowships.

I am not sure about NRH, my freind met few residents last AAPMR meeting and they all complained about the program and that the pain fellow was selected before the interviews.

realzved said:
Hey everyone,
I have just registered and this is my first posting in this forum. I am writing this in respond to the posting titled “IMG friendly PM&R program” on 8/1/06 and signed by somebody who has chosen the user name “ZZZVED”.
My name is Zvezdomir Zamfirov and my friends and colleagues call me Zed. I am PGY-4 and one of the chief residents in NRH. I started my residency in AECOM, NY and transferred to NRH after PGY-2. With the above mentioned posting somebody has obviously impersonated me and I feel that it’s my obligation to respond to it. I apologize if it sounds too personal for this forum, but I am sure that anyone in my place would do the same.
I would like to make some comments regarding this posting and hopefully these comments will be seen by as many people as possible.
First, AECOM, NY is a great program, dedicated faculty staff and diverse curriculum and I highly recommend it to everybody. I was very happy there but I had to switch due to family reasons. My wife had a job in Maryland and she was not able to move to NY with me, so when position became available in NRH, I took the chance.
My current program NRH underwent some administrative changes recently, all with very positive impact on the program. The program is well balanced, with good research opportunities and sufficient clinical training. You will meet happy residents here and it is not true that “every year residents try to leave”. Again, my high recommendations for all candidates for PM&R residency.
And finally, I would like to comment on the pain fellowship program which is run by NRH. I did a month of elective with them last year and I intend to do another month this year. It is a great fellowship with a significant amount of spinal injections combined with inpatient pain training. Highly recommend to everyone who considers pain fellowship. Personally, I am going to practice next year and I am not interested in fellowship but this program would be my first choice if I am a fellowship applicant. I am not familiar with the selection process, but knowing the people in charge for that, I can tell for sure that spots are not “distributed in a corrupted non professional way”. I happened to know the current fellow and I can clearly say that he deserves the position more than anybody else.
I believe that forums like this one are very helpful for exchanging important information between the students and residents, but everyone has to be aware of possibility to be misled with false information and inappropriate postings by people who misuse the Internet.
Please, feel free to e-mail me with any questions and comments.
My e-mail is: [email protected]

Zed Zamfirov

Members don't see this ad :)
that is interesting to hear. I interviewed at the NRH Pain fellowship. They Offered two interview days at very short notice. Managed to get some time off to interview and spent a lot of money traveling there.

I don't know if they have decided on a July 2006 fellow yet because they never contacted me regarding rejection OR acceptance! I called and emailed them multiple times with no reply after my interview. They refuse for some reason to respond. No matter, as I got a better fellowship elsewhere but after spending $1000 to interview with them the LEAST they could do is send out a timely rejection letter. This is not the only program that were totally inconsiderate and unprofessional to their interviewees, but certainly they were the worst in my experience.

They literally would not respond to my queries regarding whether they had filled the spot. I should have expected as much, as getting in touch with them just to apply in the first place was a major headache.

CMAP said:
I am not sure about NRH, my freind met few residents last AAPMR meeting and they all complained about the program and that the pain fellow was selected before the interviews.

Ligament said:
that is interesting to hear. I interviewed at the NRH Pain fellowship. They Offered two interview days at very short notice. Managed to get some time off to interview and spent a lot of money traveling there.

I don't know if they have decided on a July 2006 fellow yet because they never contacted me regarding rejection OR acceptance! I called and emailed them multiple times with no reply after my interview. They refuse for some reason to respond. No matter, as I got a better fellowship elsewhere but after spending $1000 to interview with them the LEAST they could do is send out a timely rejection letter. This is not the only program that were totally inconsiderate and unprofessional to their interviewees, but certainly they were the worst in my experience.

They literally would not respond to my queries regarding whether they had filled the spot. I should have expected as much, as getting in touch with them just to apply in the first place was a major headache.

Hey Ligament, how goes the fellowship? One of Shirley's classmate's husband is talking about applying to your program; research rocks!

Hi, Ballsmd,

Where did you get this review for Monte? I didn't find it in Scutwork.com.