Include in final update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BABSstudent

Established Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put aquascaping on my primary application and I was thinking about entering my aquarium into a monthly competition. There is no prize, just the honor of saying I won. Would you include that on the update letter and a link to the photo? I would only include a sentence or two.

Here is what my aquarium looks like right after a water change. If I enter, the equipment would come out for the photo and I would make everything look a little nicer and bushier.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1362265342.674488.jpg

This would be my final update letter to the school because they create the waitlist in two weeks. Would you include it and a link on the letter for the executive committee to see the aquarium for themselves?

Members don't see this ad.

I put aquascaping on my primary application and I was thinking about entering my aquarium into a monthly competition. There is no prize, just the honor of saying I won. Would you include that on the update letter and a link to the photo? I would only include a sentence or two.

Here is what my aquarium looks like right after a water change. If I enter, the equipment would come out for the photo and I would make everything look a little nicer and bushier.

View attachment 22818

This would be my final update letter to the school because they create the waitlist in two weeks. Would you include it and a link on the letter for the executive committee to see the aquarium for themselves?

i would include 1-2 sentences tops HOWEVER I would not include a link to a photo. I am not an expert on aquascaping but it looks like office aquariums that I usually see around and they might not get how much work you put into it just from a photo.

If I got your update letter, and you wowed me (wasted my time) with Aquascaping, you'd be disappointed in a few weeks time.
That's what the aquarium guy comes over and does when the tank is looking tired.
Very impressive for medical school admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I got your update letter, and you wowed me (wasted my time) with Aquascaping, you'd be disappointed in a few weeks time.
That's what the aquarium guy comes over and does when the tank is looking tired.
Very impressive for medical school admission.

I am kind of confused with what you are saying.

Anyways, I decided not to include it on my update letter. I edited and reedited the paper to get it to one page, and something had to go. I decided not to risk anything and left the competition out. If I had entered last month and won, then maybe I would include it. However, just entering the competition isn't impressive even if the aquarium is breathtaking in person.

The other problem I had was how to eloquently state a scholarship offer from another medical school and saying I will turn it down to attend X school. Hopefully it came across right.

Too bad they are not giving out the final acceptances and creating the waitlist next month.