Including Discrete Math (CS dept.) in BCPM GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SMBand

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was recalculating my BCPM GPA last night, and I didn't know what to do with a class called "CS 124: Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science." This class is basically a course in "discrete math" / discrete structures; it deals with probability, permutations, proofing, big O notation, automata, and other theoretical stuff. I got a crappy grade (C), so I prefer to exclude this class from my BCPM GPA. I'm just worried AMCAS will see "Mathematical" in the course title during verification, and make me classify it as BCPM.

However, I would argue that it's non-BCPM since it is technically a CS class offered by the CS department (and does not carry a MATH dept. designation in the course name).

TLDR; Can I get away with classifying this class as CS, non-BCPM?
 
Yes, you can probably count it as either one. I didn't have a problem with some of my engineering classes going either way
 
That will likely be okay to go as CS. I had a nursing course (nursing prefix) that was put into my BCPM. If they disagree, they just change it so you're fine.