Including job I quit on future application

Started by frosty66
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frosty66

Membership Revoked
Removed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started a full-time research position at a prestigious institution a few months back. Long story short, the environment is toxic and not what I was expecting, and I am thinking about quitting.

I plan on applying next cycle but only have ~200 research hours in a nonscience subject with no pubs/posters otherwise, so I would like to be able to list this research experience on my application even if it doesn't work out.

Would this be seen as a red flag on my application? I wouldn't be getting a letter of rec from my PI if I quit and I'm unsure if including the experience could backfire on me.

Any advice would be much appreciated.