Income while in Med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andichad4JC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all you money minded people,

I thought it interesting to see what every/anyone is doing for extra $ while studying gross. Although the thought of working while in school is universaly accepted as impossible and stupid, I am finding more and more students that have found a way of earning an income, investing, saving, etc to be less dependent on a humble $45K/year salary in a big city.

My wife and I just hired onto a company and have been making $1400-$10K/month while I study. I am a W2 employee and schedule my time (usually less than a few hours a month). Plus, I can take my job with me to the carribean. (If anyone is interested in our job email me at [email protected]). With our income we have purchased three houses (fourth pending) and cars (porsche, mercedes-benz, dodge truck). I just want financial security equal to that of an attending while a med student!

If anyone else has an idea share it...

Members don't see this ad.

I could sell my body to horny med students. Or another option might be to invest in stock but that is not looking too good. Anyone else with a bright idea?

Pyramid schemes are sooo 1980s.

The new scam these days is all about selling small ads in newspapers to make thousands in your spare time!!:p

Members don't see this ad :)
when that body selling thing doesn't work out email me, there is a great opportunity with my company.

P.S. NOT A PYRAMID!

[email protected]

Andichad4JC said:
when that body selling thing doesn't work out email me, there is a great opportunity with my company.

P.S. NOT A PYRAMID!

[email protected]

I want to know more about this job offering you got... sounds interesting, does it require any actual work?

Andichad4JC said:
Hello all you money minded people,

I thought it interesting to see what every/anyone is doing for extra $ while studying gross. Although the thought of working while in school is universaly accepted as impossible and stupid, I am finding more and more students that have found a way of earning an income, investing, saving, etc to be less dependent on a humble $45K/year salary in a big city.

My wife and I just hired onto a company and have been making $1400-$10K/month while I study. I am a W2 employee and schedule my time (usually less than a few hours a month). Plus, I can take my job with me to the carribean. (If anyone is interested in our job email me at [email protected]).

To the Caribbean, even though the domain for your email address is a DO school in Missouri?

First of all, I am a student at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (grad student). I am transferring to Ross University because I want the M.D.

Second of all our company is a national (very soon to be an international company; Mexico, Canada, China, Japan, Europe BIG $$) that utilizes the biggest money moving products (real estate, mortgage lending, and financial services). We use the tools and educate people how to generate wealth. Best of all, I work as much as I want, where I want, and earn what I want. It is very easy and I can build my savings/assets so as not stress income as a med student or as a resident!. The biggest selling point was the networking (we have attornyes, realtors, ATTENDING PHYSICIANS AT BIG HOSPITALS...LIKE MAYO!!) If anyone wants more info contact us:

Chad A.
760-954-5324
[email protected]

bluenumber6 said:
I want to know more about this job offering you got... sounds interesting, does it require any actual work?

If you can type and talk to people for 30 mins or more a month, you can do this.

Chad,
760-954-5324

Telemarketing is such a charming business....LOL

Andichad4JC said:
First of all, I am a student at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (grad student). I am transferring to Ross University because I want the M.D.

Second of all our company is a national (very soon to be an international company; Mexico, Canada, China, Japan, Europe BIG $$) that utilizes the biggest money moving products (real estate, mortgage lending, and financial services). We use the tools and educate people how to generate wealth. Best of all, I work as much as I want, where I want, and earn what I want. It is very easy and I can build my savings/assets so as not stress income as a med student or as a resident!. The biggest selling point was the networking (we have attornyes, realtors, ATTENDING PHYSICIANS AT BIG HOSPITALS...LIKE MAYO!!) If anyone wants more info contact us:

Chad A.
760-954-5324
[email protected]

Interesting.....DO to MD switch!

Yeah, I fully appreciate D.O. but for some reason I would rather have the opportunities I could have with an M.D. after my name.

Chad
(a.k.a Andichad4jc. Apparently SDN doesn't like my threads, sounded too much like marketing/spam. Just wanted to start a thread where EVERYONE offers ideas.)

Heading2Carib said:
Yeah, I fully appreciate D.O. but for some reason I would rather have the opportunities I could have with an M.D. after my name.

Chad
(a.k.a Andichad4jc. Apparently SDN doesn't like my threads, sounded too much like marketing/spam. Just wanted to start a thread where EVERYONE offers ideas.)

It's amazing how many lies float around with DO and MD. It's really funny to hear people say they don't want to "settle" for a DO degree.

medschool22 said:
It's amazing how many lies float around with DO and MD. It's really funny to hear people say they don't want to "settle" for a DO degree.

What is even more amazing is how many people still buy into the idea that you can make lots of money with only a few minutes per day. If this were true (and still legal/ethical) then there are millions of people wasting their whole days working for minimum wage.

As for DO versus MD, it is not funny; it is a reflection of reality. The average person does not know that DO's and MD's go through very similar training and licensing exams. That means the average person regards an MD degree as more prestigious. Seeing that many physicians enjoy prestige as much as money and helping people, it should be no surprise to any logical person that a MD would be preferred by many when compared to a DO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering I attended a D.O. school for about two years (and worked with D.O.and M.D.s for five), I think I have a strong understanding of how similar and different the two degrees are. I don't think one more prestigious than another. In fact, my preference has always been the D.O., but in light of certain career opportunities, I have chosen the M.D.

What I find even funnier than ignorance between the two degrees, is people who actually love so much to be on a soap box that they pretend to know the motivations and paths of others.

As far as my income: I have found a way to achieve financial security (even success) for my family while I pursuit my dream of medicine. Do the math, the commission on taking 30 min to input a $200K loan at only 1 point is ~$800 (after commission split). Most of my loans are more than $300K. We have five loans in our pipeline (using up a whopping 3 hours of my time last month) which is grossing us >$10K. As a result my wife drives a nice car, we live in a nice home, and I can take her out to dinner where ever, when ever. Best of all, I am able to help people who want financial security do the same.

But, of course I always run into people who have nothing better to do than to criticize what they don't know. It would make the most since to first investigate.

P.S. Not millions, we are clocking 200,000 who are making about what I make and up (give or take, of course. Not everyone gets the concept of the company). Read above for reason number isn't bigger.

Well, good luck.

Heading2Carib said:
Considering I attended a D.O. school for about two years (and worked with D.O.and M.D.s for five), I think I have a strong understanding of how similar and different the two degrees are. I don't think one more prestigious than another. In fact, my preference has always been the D.O., but in light of certain career opportunities, I have chosen the M.D.

You just proved my point. You want more and that is why you are applying for an MD degree. If you truly cared about medicine and not "opportunities" then you would finish off your DO degree. Then again, you might just be failing out of your DO school. That is usually the case when one goes from DO to Carib MD.

What I find even funnier than ignorance between the two degrees, is people who actually love so much to be on a soap box that they pretend to know the motivations and paths of others.

Nonetheless, your motivations are obvious and material. You should not be ashamed to be materialistic. It is only human.

As far as my income: I have found a way to achieve financial security (even success) for my family while I pursuit my dream of medicine. Do the math, the commission on taking 30 min to input a $200K loan at only 1 point is ~$800 (after commission split). Most of my loans are more than $300K. We have five loans in our pipeline (using up a whopping 3 hours of my time last month) which is grossing us >$10K. As a result my wife drives a nice car, we live in a nice home, and I can take her out to dinner where ever, when ever. Best of all, I am able to help people who want financial security do the same.

Your scam is cute, but get serious. Only an idiot would offer to share such information without taking away much more than is being offered. Then again, there are great scams where poor fools are used to front sketchy deals and take the fall for a few hundred dollars.

But, of course I always run into people who have nothing better to do than to criticize what they don't know. It would make the most since to first investigate.

Investigating the depth of human depravity is an endless process.

Income from the WIFE! LOL Mine nonexsistent no time!

Wow! 500+ posts. Doesn't that mean that you nothing better to do than to sit at a computer and read about other people's lives. You go into various threads and offer comments that show no support or interest in the actually topic. Clearly you are content with whatever income and stability that comes with a paycheck. So others that are interested in opportunities of providing more security for their family CLEARLY are materialistic and failing out of school.

Your comments (uneducated, no doubt) are a clear reflection of your need to be heard!

OK, go ahead...we are listening/reading. Share your wisdom.

Heading2Carib said:
Wow! 500+ posts. Doesn't that mean that you nothing better to do than to sit at a computer and read about other people's lives. You go into various threads and offer comments that show no support or interest in the actually topic.

Your comments (uneducated, no doubt) are a clear reflection of your need to be heard!

OK, go ahead...we are listening/reading. Share your wisdom.

Personal insults. The last bastion of the defeated. :laugh:

Clearly you are content with whatever income and stability that comes with a paycheck.

Money comes and goes. It is of no consequence to those that look further than the tip of their own nose. If you believe that money is an answer to your problems, then maybe you are asking the wrong questions.

Heading2Carib said:

P.S. Not millions, we are clocking 200,000 who are making about what I make and up (give or take, of course. Not everyone gets the concept of the company). Read above for reason number isn't bigger.

Well, good luck.

Don't take this the wrong way but why even go to Med. School? If our family had financial security we would've just enjoyed hanging out with each other and fulfilling many other life dreams. Med school is a huge stress on the family...not just financially. The number of years it takes and the things that are missed if you are a parent. After reading your post it just puzzled me why you would submit yourself to the punishment of Medical School.

McGillGrad said:

Money comes and goes. It is of no consequence to those that look further than the tip of their own nose. If you believe that money is an answer to your problems, then maybe you are asking the wrong questions.

Sounding a little desperate there :smuggrin:

Mom2five said:
Don't take this the wrong way but why even go to Med. School? If our family had financial security we would've just enjoyed hanging out with each other and fulfilling many other life dreams. Med school is a huge stress on the family...not just financially. The number of years it takes and the things that are missed if you are a parent. After reading your post it just puzzled me why you would submit yourself to the punishment of Medical School.

My wife's AND my decision for medicine is passion and goal related, not income based. We are happy that we have found a way to provide a secure income while I reach my goal of medicine.

The reason for this forum was to invite people to share their discoverys and ideas about preparing for the future (capital for practices, home purchase, etc).

My path is not for everyone. OK...WELL ESTABLISHED! :)

McGillGrad said:

Not an insult, an observation.

McGillGrad said:

You first state above that if money were reachable than people working for minimum wage are wasting their time (read above for exact quote). Then you say here that "money comes and goes...", and money is not an answer to problems (I guess job loss doesn't count). So which is it? Is someone working for minimum wage 'wasting their time' or 'living with the understanding that money doesn't solve problems'? Investors prove everyday that aligning yourself with the right opportunity can provide financial benefits with little to no work (If you are unhappy with this revelation than don't borrow money from a bank. Cut up your credit card(s).) And who's nose are we talking about, yours? So anyone reaching farther than YOUR nose is materialistic?

This once again explains the 500+.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Heading2Carib said:
You first state above that if money were reachable than people working for minimum wage are wasting their time (read above for exact quote). Then you say here that "money comes and goes...", and money is not an answer to problems (I guess job loss doesn't count). So which is it? Is someone working for minimum wage 'wasting their time' or 'living with the understanding that money doesn't solve problems'? Investors prove everyday that aligning yourself with the right opportunity can provide financial benefits with little to no work (If you are unhappy with this revelation than don't borrow money from a bank. Cut up your credit card(s).) And who's nose are we talking about, yours? So anyone reaching farther than YOUR nose is materialistic?

Heading2Carib said:
My wife's AND my decision for medicine is passion and goal related, not income based. We are happy that we have found a way to provide a secure income while I reach my goal of medicine.

The reason for this forum was to invite people to share their discoverys and ideas about preparing for the future (capital for practices, home purchase, etc).

My path is not for everyone. OK...WELL ESTABLISHED! :)

The passion for the field is hard to keep with the stress and debt load. I wonder if our experience would've been different if we didn't have the debt. It is stressful to provide only loan money for your large family. Here's hoping that Residency and focusing on one field will at least lighten some of the current stresses (I know new ones will come but it will be nice to have a budgetable income). I haven't been able to work because all my income would've gone to childcare, then add buying clothes, lunches out, and the stress on the kids of never seeing 2 parents...just wasn't worth it to us. So if you've found something that works...good for you and best of luck.

What will all of your money get you living in a 3rd world country for the next few years? Just curious.....Sounds like you had it made at home following your dream and having the cash. Sounds like living among mosquitos the size of birds will not be consistent with your affluent lifestyle. All to change two letters?

yes the public has little idea of what a DO is, but you think when they come in with a massive MI they are wondering what the letters are on your coat? Hell no they are praying that you can save them, and praying to whatever God they pray to...

BMW-

Heading2Carib said: