Medical Incorrect Course listing on AMCAS, looks like repeated class - What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking for input on what action, if necessary, I should take in order to correct a mistake for this application cycle.

My school offers 2 semester physics cycle, with numbers and names as follows:
PHY 121 - Physics for Life Sciences
PHY 122 - Physics for Life Sciences II

On my AMCAS application, I made a mistake inputting the course numbers, and my AMCAS reads:
PHY 122 - Physics for Life Sciences
PHY 122 - Physics for Life Sciences II

To me, it looks like I repeated the class, even though there is a clarification in the actual name of the class. If it changes anything, I actually got a worse grade in the "Physics for Life Sciences II" so perhaps it doesn't look like I retook it, but I'm not sure. This was not corrected by AMCAS, and I have been verified with this on my application. I also understand that AMCAS will not process a change request for a course number.

What should I do about this? Should I email every single school that I applied to, and make sure that they are aware of the correct classes? I think this may be excessive, but I also don't want schools to think I retook the same physics class (and did worse the second time!)

Thanks for any help you can offer.
I think you can let this go. If the courses are named differently, schools will understand that you took a different course. No need to stress. If asked in an interview, say that there was a clerical error. Otherwise, don't bring it up.

Members don't see this ad.

I have already been verified, and this is on the application that has been sent to schools. What do you mean by undelivered? I haven't heard of that before.

I would honestly not worry about it. If asked at an interview, explain there was a clerical error. Otherwise, let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.