Indian medical student wants to settle in NZ after undergraduation in India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WadupDoc?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently doing my third year of MBBS in a private medical college in India. For those of you who did not understand the first sentence you can skip this post (please don't get offended but I'll have to explain too much) but for those of you who did I need your help.

I'll finish up my house surgeon period by the year 2017. As you know in India it is mandatory for us to do it in our respective colleges.

So after that I will either study for the pg entrance exams here in India and pass those exams to be eligible for a merit seat in whichever college I get and hopefully do my post graduation in Surgery or I have an opportunity to go to New Zealand and further work/study there.

So here comes my problem.

1.What is the procedure for overseas medical students who have only completed their undergraduation and 12 months of internship in India to enter New Zealand?

2. Will I be entering Internship or Residency level?

3. If I could get a NZ PR because I have family living currently in NZ will the process be different then?

Members don't see this ad.

English is the language of education in India.In that illiterate,grammar-destroying language you've texted..the typical writing style of a petty minded,"management seat" medical student;Judging by your utter incompitence in english literature,grammar,punctuation..My friend you CAN NOT possibly match into any residency program in any! Nation who's 1st language is English.Stay in india buy a management seat in india,have fun and practice as lousy Doctors.

English is the language of education in India.In that illiterate,grammar-destroying language you've texted..the typical writing style of a petty minded,"management seat" medical student;Judging by your utter incompitence in english literature,grammar,punctuation..My friend you CAN NOT possibly match into any residency program in any! Nation who's 1st language is English.Stay in india buy a management seat in india,have fun and practice as lousy Doctors.

This reminds me of glass houses and stones...

Also, why are you responding to a two year old post? Solid first post there, buddy.

Reactions: 1 user
This reminds me of glass houses and stones...

Also, why are you responding to a two year old post? Solid first post there, buddy.
Call me a hater,but as a fellow Indian(surprised?),i see these bookworms all around me,with terrible ettiquette,no language skills at all and primate like personas(harsh,i know)acing the Usmles and taking up spots in medical residencies for the motive of making good money making it more competitive for those of us who actually want to move to the U.S. for the culture,the freedom of speech and expression,the justice system(trust me it's a lot! Better than most of the world)and in return want to be an asset,bringing our indian skill into the practice of medicine,with the quality medical facilities the U.S. provides.It sickens! Me,when i hear off my fellow med school mates,ignorant and fickle minded! Who played around like childish menace!..securing stellar scores and making it into medical residency. The program directors should pick students into residency based on the manner they conduct themselves as a doctor,their personality their command over the english language and THEN their scores..instead there's just those 3 steps and a little interview..
Ps:Dear Moderator,please don't ban me from this forum.