INDIANA Residency....??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a way for a non-resident to gain residency status at IUSD maybe for 2nd year or something?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

docs said:
Is there a way for a non-resident to gain residency status at IUSD maybe for 2nd year or something?
thanks.

you have to live in IN for 12 straight months prior to starting dental school. if you come as an out of state when you begin dental school, you remain out of state, unfortunately. :(

IWuvTeef said:
you have to live in IN for 12 straight months prior to starting dental school. if you come as an out of state when you begin dental school, you remain out of state, unfortunately. :(
Hey I wuv teef, i see you got in, congrats. Ive noticed ur #3 on the waiting list for quite some time now. Im glad u go it. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
IWuvTeef said:

I might be joining you at IU! Congrats on getting in.

thanks a bunch egpndoc and lunguv! it's the best feeling in the world knowing i have a shot at becoming a dentist now! :p

Hey guys!

So, have any of you heard about the laptops yet?

^^^nope. On IUSD's web page it says there is one that can be purchased for $1750. I don't know if it's mandatory. I hope we get to bring our own.

IWuvTeef said:
^^^nope. On IUSD's web page it says there is one that can be purchased for $1750. I don't know if it's mandatory. I hope we get to bring our own.

Hey IWuvTeef,

On my letter it says that we were supposed to hear something about the computers and that we would have to purchase them through IUSD...some new thing they're doing...But they said more information will be sent to you...its just that i haven't gotten it yet.

Anyways, guess its still early.

thanks for replying anyway

toothfairy_TX said:
Hey IWuvTeef,

On my letter it says that we were supposed to hear something about the computers and that we would have to purchase them through IUSD...some new thing they're doing...But they said more information will be sent to you...its just that i haven't gotten it yet.

Anyways, guess its still early.

thanks for replying anyway

i only got a phone call so far. my letter should be coming sometime this week. that's a bummer about the computer. you can get so many good ones for under $1,750... +pissed+ <~~ :laugh:

Hey guys....its not official yet but Dr. Kasberg sent me an email that said "Congratulations from IUSD"....and when I opened it I found out I went from #18 to #4. Upon calling the school he told me that seeing how fast the waitlist moves, it should happen and Perfect says it could happen this week (I assume it will be 2/28 when the next round of deposits is due). In any case, although I am not in, I had a similar question.....my dad was bugging me today to find out if it was possible...however seeing that I went to IU-Bloomington and they have the same exact policy I am thinking its not possible. I do know (like what Iwuvteeth said) that if you live there and are a non-student for 1 year you can become a resident. I was curious if you buy property or are married and have a mortgage if they would make an exception. First, however, I need to get in....then I am going to call IU and IUPUI (campus of IUSD is on IUPUI property and run by them) and see if its possible. In any case, congrats to everyone who got acceptances (and IWuvTeeth). Oh and if people say the winter weather sucks in Indy, come to Chicago and experience what cold is really all about....

Bullfan16 said:
Hey guys....its not official yet but Dr. Kasberg sent me an email that said "Congratulations from IUSD"....and when I opened it I found out I went from #18 to #4. Upon calling the school he told me that seeing how fast the waitlist moves, it should happen and Perfect says it could happen this week (I assume it will be 2/28 when the next round of deposits is due). In any case, although I am not in, I had a similar question.....my dad was bugging me today to find out if it was possible...however seeing that I went to IU-Bloomington and they have the same exact policy I am thinking its not possible. I do know (like what Iwuvteeth said) that if you live there and are a non-student for 1 year you can become a resident. I was curious if you buy property or are married and have a mortgage if they would make an exception. First, however, I need to get in....then I am going to call IU and IUPUI (campus of IUSD is on IUPUI property and run by them) and see if its possible. In any case, congrats to everyone who got acceptances (and IWuvTeeth). Oh and if people say the winter weather sucks in Indy, come to Chicago and experience what cold is really all about....

you'll get in soon! :clap:

How about residency for Kentucky?

Bullfan16 said:

Congrats man. I am sure you will get in! I can only imagine how excited you are.