Infectious disease

Started by Peeshee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Peeshee

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I have a possible interest in infectious disease but am undecided as to which residency would be best just in case I choose not to go into infectious disease but still have that option open just in case. After finishing a Family Practice Residency, would I be able to do a fellowship in ID, or is that only possible with an IM residency? Also, would ID be a possibility after a dermatology residency?
Could anyone direct me to a good website that might have more info. on this topic? I?d really appreciate it.
 
Hi

I'd try the IDSA website. Anyway, I think you need to be Boad Eligible in IM (i.e. IM residency complete) to apply.

good luck
lf