info about gpa and admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sreshti

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
please let us know how important is gpa(which is given by the ece)and what is the minimum required.how do they calculate it?is it just by the marks or by the no of attemts?i have taken general surgery twice and i would like to know whether its a major draw back or not.
is this time enough to give a good attempt in july?how many hours do we need to put in?is just the kaplan and the decks with the reprints enough?any other specifications?
please help me out in these questions and that would be of great help.we really need help from the people who have experienced all these.
please leave ur messages here or u could mail me at [email protected]ng to hear from someone at the earliest
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
The best bets for passing NDB part 1 are , Dental Decks and Question papers .. and maybe a few of your Old Class notes ..As far as time for studying is concerned..you only need 2 months of really good preparation to get good scores , it is important that you study effectively..and fast ..You don't need to use books /Kaplan Notes...as they are too detailed and that much of detail is not asked in the Dental Boards ..
As regards to your GPA , ofcourse it is very important..students above 3.5 GPA are sure to get into a school if they fair well in NDB /Toefl/Interviews.Your GPA reflects about your past records!
Just follow a study timetable and you should do fine ...
STUDY SMART, APPLY SOON.
1) Dental Decks( 2001 Edition)
2) Asda Reprints.( 1987-1997)
3)Old class notes if necessary....
4) Study Schedule......
on the order of importance for the subject's...
i believe it to be..
Pathology
/
microbiology
/
Biochemistry
/
Physiology
/
Dental Anatomy
/
Anatomy.