Info about Mayo Scottsdale and UPenn neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkst38

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone has any specific information about Mayo Scottsdale or UPenn Neuro residency program? I am very interested in outpatient Neurology and clinical research. How competitive are these program. Do I have a decent chance.
I scored 235 on step I, and honors in Neurology rotation and one first authored article in "muscle and Nerve". I would appreciate any specific information about these programs. Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

rkst38 said:
Does anyone has any specific information about Mayo Scottsdale or UPenn Neuro residency program? I am very interested in outpatient Neurology and clinical research. How competitive are these program. Do I have a decent chance.
I scored 235 on step I, and honors in Neurology rotation and one first authored article in "muscle and Nerve". I would appreciate any specific information about these programs. Thanks...

Mayo Scottsdale? You don't have anything to worry about. You are more than competitive.

UPenn is not a guaranteed interview, but I would think that your odds are good, if you are a US med student. The program is a big name, and they are not afraid to let you know who they consider their peer programs. (They give interviewees a handout comparing Phili cost-of-living to San Fran, Boston, Baltimore, and New York.) Despite this, I think their powerhouse status is fading. I've heard of finanical probs in the UPenn system, etc.

GopherBrain said:
I've heard of finanical probs in the UPenn system, etc.

What specifically are you referring to?

Members don't see this ad :)
WHat financial problems with UPenn are you referring to? ANd I do go to US medical school.

I'm embarassed that I mentioned this issue, because I really don't know the specifics. It is just something I have heard mentioned by a couple of different faculty members I know when the topic of UPenn came up. I wasn't really that interested in UPenn, so I didn't pursuit the topic further.