Info about Mayo Scottsdale and UPenn neurology

Started by rkst38
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rkst38

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone has any specific information about Mayo Scottsdale or UPenn Neuro residency program? I am very interested in outpatient Neurology and clinical research. How competitive are these program. Do I have a decent chance.
I scored 235 on step I, and honors in Neurology rotation and one first authored article in "muscle and Nerve". I would appreciate any specific information about these programs. Thanks...
 
rkst38 said:
Does anyone has any specific information about Mayo Scottsdale or UPenn Neuro residency program? I am very interested in outpatient Neurology and clinical research. How competitive are these program. Do I have a decent chance.
I scored 235 on step I, and honors in Neurology rotation and one first authored article in "muscle and Nerve". I would appreciate any specific information about these programs. Thanks...

Mayo Scottsdale? You don't have anything to worry about. You are more than competitive.

UPenn is not a guaranteed interview, but I would think that your odds are good, if you are a US med student. The program is a big name, and they are not afraid to let you know who they consider their peer programs. (They give interviewees a handout comparing Phili cost-of-living to San Fran, Boston, Baltimore, and New York.) Despite this, I think their powerhouse status is fading. I've heard of finanical probs in the UPenn system, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WHat financial problems with UPenn are you referring to? ANd I do go to US medical school.
 
I'm embarassed that I mentioned this issue, because I really don't know the specifics. It is just something I have heard mentioned by a couple of different faculty members I know when the topic of UPenn came up. I wasn't really that interested in UPenn, so I didn't pursuit the topic further.