Info on the university of Charleston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juniorchemstudent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently getting ready o start my junior year as a chem/prepharm major and I've started looking into potential schools and as of now based on location, curriculum, and tuition university of charleston is #1 on my list if anyone has any info on the program I'd appreciate anything

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im currently getting ready o start my junior year as a chem/prepharm major and I've started looking into potential schools and as of now based on location, curriculum, and tuition university of charleston is #1 on my list if anyone has any info on the program I'd appreciate anything
I have an interview with them on Friday, I looked into them because I got the feeling they look at your entire profile and dont judge based on one thing. I spoke to them during that digital online open house and they were very welcoming given my current situation (my GPA from 15 years ago dragged down my current GPA because of how pharmcas calculates) Im actually excited about them but their residency match rate is low so this worries me. I have 5 other interviews this month so I am in a bind of where to go.

I have an interview with them on Friday, I looked into them because I got the feeling they look at your entire profile and dont judge based on one thing. I spoke to them during that digital online open house and they were very welcoming given my current situation (my GPA from 15 years ago dragged down my current GPA because of how pharmcas calculates) Im actually excited about them but their residency match rate is low so this worries me. I have 5 other interviews this month so I am in a bind of where to go.

Are you talking about the University of Charleston in West Virginia?

I went to school there. It was a good school in my opinion. If you go by objective measures such as NAPLEX pass rates, then it is top-tier.

Charleston is the biggest city in the state and has it's own major airport. It's about 300,000 people in the metro area, but it feels smaller.

I remember asking people at the end of P3 year if they were glad they went to the school. The vast majority said yes. The ones who said they didn't like it were all from big cities like New York, Chicago, or LA. Charleston just can't compare to cities that size. The obvious tradeoff is the cheap rent in the Charleston.