Information about programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych2004

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to see if anybody knew anything about some of the programs I am checking out. Please let me know if you have any insight on:
1. Emory
2. South Carolina (Columbia)
3. UVA
4. UNC
5. U of Florida
6. South Florida
7. UMASS

Thanks and good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Have heard that UMass is pretty well known in the area for community psychiatry. Sorry, don't know much else...

UNC: heard that residents are very happy there. But might not be as evidence-based as some people like it there. Also, you do your medicine rotation as an intern at Dorothea Dix (the county state mental health hospital) instead of at UNC.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied and have interviews at UNC and UMASS. I assume that you have gone to scutwork.com and read reviews there. I cannot remember if these two schools have reviews or not. Where did you go to med school? Just curious.

Originally posted by prwunecom
I also applied and have interviews at UNC and UMASS. I assume that you have gone to scutwork.com and read reviews there. I cannot remember if these two schools have reviews or not. Where did you go to med school? Just curious.

I have not gone to scutwork.com

The comments on UNC were collected from an attending who did his residency in the NC area (but he did not go to UNC). So I will wait and see if his impressions are correct when I interview there.