Informational interview for a clinical psych, neuropsych, clinical neuropsych or ped neuropsych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureClinPedNeuroPsyc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Morning, posted this in another thread then thought that maybe it would be better to post this in it's own thread. If this is wrong, many apologies. I have a paper coming up where I have to interview someone in my future field, however this is one of those times where school and work conflicts heavily. Anyways, my future field (fingers crossed) is a clinical pediatric neuropsychologist however I do want to work on every level as I work towards my specialization. So if any clinical psychologist, neuropsychologists, clinical neuropsychologists, or pediatric neuropsychologists would like please answer the questions below or email me at gmail bcfelker89 A million thanks.

1. What is your name?
  2. What is your job title?
  3. What is your level of education? (a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree)
  4. There seems to be this great debate on whether a PsyD is better for a psychologist versus a PhD. Which do you agree with, Why?
  5. What type of license did you obtain?
  6. What is your state of practice? Are you able to work in more than one state?
  7. How did you become interested in psychology?
  8. How did you become interested in you particular field?
  9. What are your views on professional ethics? Academic integrity?
  10. How would you describe your day-to-day tasks?
  11. What is unique about your work with clients?
  12. What aspects of your work do you least enjoy? What areas of your work to you enjoy most?
  13. What aspects of research are you most interested in and why?
  14. What professional organizations have helped you along your way?
  15. What would you be doing if you were not in psychology?
  16. What advice would you give someone who wants to become a psychologist?
  17. How would you advise students who are studying for their bachelor’s in psychology but are uncertain about going into a master’s program or go straight to a doctorate program?
  18. How does one go about networking in the psychology and clinical psychology world without becoming annoying?
  19. If I have more questions could I possibly call or email you?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.