Quantcast

Infraction as a minor (dismissed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premeDO

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello all,

I am applying soon and wanted to get something straight about a violation when I was younger. I was in a self-defense fight when I was 15 at school and charged with an infraction for disturbing the peace. My school had a no fighting tolerance and the guy that started the fight got a worse punishment. This infraction was consequently dismissed after doing community service etc. There was no trial--just a probationary period.

I am currently 23 and have no other criminal issues. I know AMCAS and AACOMAS want to know about anything from misdemeanor and up...should an infraction as a minor be reported? In my knowledge, it is no worse than a traffic ticket. My pre-med advisor said I should not report it, however, I want to make sure.

Thanks all.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happened in high school stays in high school.

If you get asked in any prompt for arrests/convictions etc, just check the box and explain; you'll be fine.

Hello all,

I am applying soon and wanted to get something straight about a violation when I was younger. I was in a self-defense fight when I was 15 at school and charged with an infraction for disturbing the peace. My school had a no fighting tolerance and the guy that started the fight got a worse punishment. This infraction was consequently dismissed after doing community service etc. There was no trial--just a probationary period.

I am currently 23 and have no other criminal issues. I know AMCAS and AACOMAS want to know about anything from misdemeanor and up...should an infraction as a minor be reported? In my knowledge, it is no worse than a traffic ticket. My pre-med advisor said I should not report it, however, I want to make sure.

Thanks all.

premeDO

Reaction score
What happened in high school stays in high school.

If you get asked in any prompt for arrests/convictions etc, just check the box and explain; you'll be fine.
Thanks for the response. There was no arrest or conviction, however. So I don't know how I would explain it...Charges were dropped--but my record still has the dismissal on it.