infusion resources for new worker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baronzb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to need to now how to calculate, DUR, and make antibiotics, cancer, TPN, and inotropic IV drugs, advice docs about them, and monitor.

I just bought the dipiro book, but it was a waste, mostly calculations for academics. Is there a real resource on these topics for a clinician to practice--how to dose, stability, reactions, contraindications, etc.? Also, which online resource is best--facts comparison, lexicomp, clinical pharmacology, etc.?

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Lexi/Micromedex for condensed package insert details (dose, contraindications, IV compatibility etc.)
Hopefully your workplace has IV guidelines that talk about stability, diluents, and titration/monitoring parameters.
Global RPh for admixture information (i.e. what diluent and volume should I put my 400mg of tobramycin in).

I have the first two always pulled up on my workstation during any given shift.

Trissels handbook for IV compatibilities/stability info; I believe it is incorporated into the full version of Micromedex if you have access @ your work site. For IVs/parenterals, micromedex > Lexicomp due to completeness and handy organized stability/compatibility charts

Those sound like good stability references. How about the clinical end, being able to recommend to the MD in the infusion realm?