Initial Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sags2riches

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have any shot of acceptance down the road with grades like these without having to do extra schooling post-undergrad? I'm only in my Sophomore year and I'm trying to grind out the grades, but Idk... Things are not going as I expected.

Gen Bio: C
Gen Bio Lab: A
Gen Bio 2: C
Gen Bio 2 Lab: A
Gen Chem 1: Reaching for an A, might have to settle for a B.
Gen Chem 1 Lab: Reaching for an A.

I also have no idea how to calculate my sGPA because I've transferred schools once and don't know how that plays into calculating it.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

It's not a great start but if you end with an upward trend of mostly A's in the rest of your prereqs you will have a decent shot when you apply. I would also put extra time into studying the Bio section of the DAT to make up for the C's.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Be honest and ask yourself–'am I contributing enough time toward my studies?' If not, I suggest you re-evaluate your priorities. Not trying to be a jerk here; I want you to do well.

A few C's won't ruin you, but you definitely need to make improvements in the long run.

Reactions: 1 users
You'll be alright with a few C's. It not how you start, but how you finish that matter. Just make sure you finish strong.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah thank you for your responses. I had a lot of stress my freshman year and had to make quite a few adjustments. I understand it's not the best path to start on, and I'm trying to salvage my grades now. I'm super intimidated by what the Orgo experience will be like.