Initiating licenses in different states

Started by firas2ff
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

firas2ff

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear fellows, I am planning on initiating licenses in 3 states, I came to a conclusion to start with TX, and I am planning on adding 2 more, any recommendations on what is best with high and easy to find employment rates? wage is not a big deal for me as much as opportunities, any help?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BFE = Bum F*** Egypt

Middle of Nowhere....

You’ll soon be acquainted with this reference every other day of your career
I was told the same thing about it, that you have to drive several hours to be somewhere near close to a big city, is that correct? but in general, work might be available over there?
 
I was told the same thing about it, that you have to drive several hours to be somewhere near close to a big city, is that correct? but in general, work might be available over there?

Better chance of finding work in a rural area vs a major city...yes.

Think about it, how many people will apply to middle-of-nowhere-Kansas vs all major cities in Texas (Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston)? If it’s not a desirable location hours away from a major city your chances of a job opening (full time or not) increases.
 
Better chance of finding work in a rural area vs a major city...yes.

Think about it, how many people will apply to middle-of-nowhere-Kansas vs all major cities in Texas (Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston)? If it’s not a desirable location hours away from a major city your chances of a job opening (full time or not) increases.

I totally agree my friend, now speaking States wise, what are some of the best? I am planning on TX and do not mind living few hours away from big cities 🙂
 
Why are you looking into 3 different states? Just stick to one state and look for work in rural areas that nobody wants to live. Job hunting into 3 different states with multiple cities will be annoying. Create connections and eventually you can find a job in a more desirable location and you won't be in a rush.
 
Why are you looking into 3 different states? Just stick to one state and look for work in rural areas that nobody wants to live. Job hunting into 3 different states with multiple cities will be annoying. Create connections and eventually you can find a job in a more desirable location and you won't be in a rush.
That is a good opinion, I already have active licenses in NE and IA, planning on TX and PA, and I might skip the third since it might be too many exams which will be overbearing, what do You think?
 
The reason I am planning on applying for 3 together is to cut out on the expenses on doing the license transfer with the board

If I were in your shoes, I would stick to the 1 or 2 states that have the least of amount of pharmacy schools in that state and start applying to jobs there (especially in the less desirable areas). Once you land a job, you can work your way out from there.
 
Yeah i came out to CO to manage a WM in total BFE. Now i am trying to head back to Florida to my friends and family after 2 years. I have made and saved good money, and im trying to step down to staff or even float. So that's what ya need to do to get to a major city. Then again, even though i turned around a total dumpster fire store into a results achieving , profitable store, there is no loyalty among thieves. They may never place me in lauderdale or miami, or naples, Ft myers....etc. I may end up floating around like ARCADIA , florida, look it up man, thats pretty much BFE! maybe i'll go rent cars in the bahamas.......lol
 
Yeah i came out to CO to manage a WM in total BFE. Now i am trying to head back to Florida to my friends and family after 2 years. I have made and saved good money, and im trying to step down to staff or even float. So that's what ya need to do to get to a major city. Then again, even though i turned around a total dumpster fire store into a results achieving , profitable store, there is no loyalty among thieves. They may never place me in lauderdale or miami, or naples, Ft myers....etc. I may end up floating around like ARCADIA , florida, look it up man, thats pretty much BFE! maybe i'll go rent cars in the bahamas.......lol
IT was good to hear your experience, I would have considered FL but they need documented internship hours for a transfer this is why I can not apply for it since I do not have them.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IT was good to hear your experience, I would have considered FL but they need documented internship hours for a transfer this is why I can not apply for it since I do not have them.....

Just find a way to fudge it......nobody cares anymore...it's not like your gonna get arrested....lol. pharms do it all the time. Sorry, did i say that out loud?