"Inorganic chemistry"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tangerinepuppy

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm having trouble figuring out if the 'Inorganic Chemistry' prerequisite required by many schools (Washington, Cornell, St. George, Dublin, Edinburgh), is referring to General Chemistry (i've taken both Gen Chem I and II) or a separate upper-level chemistry course. Though I could take Inorganic Chem as an upper-level course, I'd have to take on 6 courses this Fall term and I would rather not lol. So yeah does anyone know if Gen Chem I/II is enough or do I have to take a separate Inorganic Chem course?

Members don't see this ad.

I was also confused by that during my application cycle, so you are not alone :)

I took Foundations of Chemistry with lab and Analytical Chemistry with lab and was able to fulfill the requirement for Cornell. I submitted their prerequisite course substitution form/emailed their admissions office to verify that it was acceptable. I would save the syllabus for your Gen Chem I/II and inquire directly through the school like SkiOtter said!

That’s probably just general chemistry, it was for the schools I looked at. It doesn’t hurt to ask though!