Retaking Organic Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharksarefriends33

Reaction score
A lot of schools are now releasing students grades for the semester. Some kids I know, including myself, got C's in organic chemistry 2. Would it be worth retaking this class for vet school applications or better to leave it as is and just boost other grades?

Members don't see this ad.

One C isn’t going to make or break an application. I wouldn’t retake it if that’s the only course you’ve done poorly in.

You can get application advice that’s more specific if you post in the What Are My Chances sub forum and follow the template provided there :)

Reactions: 1 users
^agree with shorty

It really can depend on your overall application and your other grades so not really a one size fits all/ a yes no situation. WAMC sub is a great sub to get specific advice on your app

Reactions: 1 user
The only thing to look at is will the schools that you will be applying to accept a prerequisite with a C. I know that Davis will accept a C, but if you have a C-, they will not take that prerequisite and you have to repeat it.

Reactions: 1 user