Input on Pitt vs Madison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kass3562

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had any personal input on the programs at either Madison or Pitt, or if anyone has made the decision to attend either? I have been accepted to both and I am having a hard time deciding which. I am originally from MN, so Madison is fairly close (plus I can receive in-state tuition around $86,000 total). However, I absolutely loved the faculty and the area around U Pitt when I visited (but it is around $140,000 total). I also have an interview scheduled with Chapel Hill this coming Friday, and I also interviewed with the U of MN last week, but I have already made the decision that I do not wish to attend the U of MN. If anyone has any personal input, I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had any personal input on the programs at either Madison or Pitt, or if anyone has made the decision to attend either? I have been accepted to both and I am having a hard time deciding which. I am originally from MN, so Madison is fairly close (plus I can receive in-state tuition around $86,000 total). However, I absolutely loved the faculty and the area around U Pitt when I visited (but it is around $140,000 total). I also have an interview scheduled with Chapel Hill this coming Friday, and I also interviewed with the U of MN last week, but I have already made the decision that I do not wish to attend the U of MN. If anyone has any personal input, I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

These types of posts put me on lectures that will go on for days, but I’ll try to sum it for you.

What do you call an individual that graduated top of the class at the highest ranked accredited pharmacy school vs an individual that graduated bottom of the class at the lowest ranked accredited pharmacy school? A pharmacist.

Your looking at ~ $55k difference that can/will compound against you month after month year after year and your still considering the higher cost schooling. Why? The trees look greener? You are getting the same degree. Do NOT mistake the idea that the job market in either region will be in your favor because of prestige of school.

You said Madison is fairly close. How close? Stay-with-family-and-not-pay-rent close? AND you get in-state tuition from day 1? I promise you will regret this if you don’t follow the money because you decided to follow the trees. Just stop....crunch #’s, and learn how to compound interest and see exactly how much money you KEEP if you stay in-state. More than 1 years worth of income and it’s yours to keep....I don’t understand why location trumps a crippling higher student loan.

tl;dr : follow the money not the location. Degree is a degree. Stay in-state.