inservice exam:what to read?help.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikhita1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what to read for inservice exam? any review materials available. Please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Your inservice exam is not meant to be something you study for!!!
Are you a Type-A dork or what?!

One just TAKES the test! If you're an intern, you're not expected to do well...if you do, you don't get an "A." In fact, you don't get anything. Life goes on, and you take the test again the following year.

The test merely shows your progress, or lack there of throughout residency. You get to match up with other residents in other programs to see where you stand.

If you want to cram for it, go ahead...I'll sit back and drink a cold one for you.

Originally posted by rastelli
Your inservice exam is not meant to be something you study for!!!
Are you a Type-A dork or what?!

One just TAKES the test! If you're an intern, you're not expected to do well...if you do, you don't get an "A." In fact, you don't get anything. Life goes on, and you take the test again the following year.

The test merely shows your progress, or lack there of throughout residency. You get to match up with other residents in other programs to see where you stand.

If you want to cram for it, go ahead...I'll sit back and drink a cold one for you.

Not only that, but they will be looking to see how you improve over your residency. If you study for the first test, your improvement over the next year will likely be decreased.

Ed

actually if you're really serious about studying for it. I would just work questions. Although it is true that you're not supposed to study for it. I did awful on it my intern year and my program director did nothing but throw it in my face every chance available. Also, one of my fellow intern's score was used as a basis to not promote to 2nd year. So yes and now, it doesn't matter..but depending on who you are dealing with--you never know.