Institutional Action Explanation on Secondaries Same as on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rowjimmy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I just use the same explanation for my institutional action for the secondaries as I used on AMCAS? I can't really think of another way to explain it. Do they want a more elaborate explanation than what is on AMCAS or is having the same explanation on the secondary application on the school's specific application just more convenient?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school and some schools may require an essay.

This topic has been covered before...so use the search function before creating a new thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on the school and some schools may require an essay.

This topic has been covered before...so use the search function before creating a new thread.

I searched, I promise! I can't find anything specific about the redundancy of this institutional action on both AMCAS and secondaries. If the schools don't mention anything about "ellaborating" or "providing additional information" then should I just use what I wrote on AMCAS? Should I just contact each school individually?

Write the same thing. Some schools will use their secondary alone, or just that page of the secondary, to mask other portions of the application from the committee members responsible for screning applications with institutional actions (IA). That way, they aren't biased by scores, pedigree, etc. It is much harder to do this (provide just the IA report) with the AMCAS document.