Institutional Action on Record - Residency Concerns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ab84fan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The class failure is not a problem for internal medicine as long as you re-mediated and it was only 1 class during M1 year

The professionalism garbage is a problem. It won't matter as much that it was due to "busy work" or whatever, and you should not try to explain it away as such or it will hurt you even more.

Reactions: 1 users
Chances are it will be brought up during residency interviews.

Have a level-headed story prepared that shows you took responsibility for your actions, have not feigned accountability, and grown from it somehow.

The busy-work never ends my friend, even in residency & practice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you.

Chances are it will be brought up during residency interviews.

Have a level-headed story prepared that shows you took responsibility for your actions, have not feigned accountability, and grown from it somehow.

The busy-work never ends my friend, even in residency & practice.

For something like IM, keep in mind this was years ago, Remediation of a course very early in the year, NEVER EVEN CAME UP in interviews.

I think there was a box to fill out for ERAS, and part of the explanation was family issues, that might be why it never came up.

There was no formal probation, there was a Financial Aid type probation but that is not the sort of institutional action you have to put down.

Not sure though with the rest of what you said.

Reactions: 1 users