Institutional action ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: 1 user

Holy cow. Why did he say 1/10? I thought these threads were for information. Why is bone alignment so important for DOs? I’m being serious. You are being overly sensitive

Holy cow. Why did he say 1/10? I thought these threads were for information. Why is bone alignment so important for DOs? I’m being serious. You are being overly sensitive

Go home troll, you're drunk.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I don’t really understand what a DO is.

I have read obscure things about it and it doesn’t seem like something I would be interested in especially the idea of bone alignment

Someone that's about to get a PhD that doesn't know how to research (despite being on a website filled to the brim with info on the subject)? Fascinating.

Reactions: 4 users
Someone that's about to get a PhD that doesn't know how to research (despite being on a website filled to the brim with info on the subject)? Fascinating.

I am going to look into it more in the coming days...

Troll or not, it's a great teaching moment for future SDNers.

hello
I am about to get found guilty by title ix of breaking a no contact order and probably stalking an ex girlfriend. I went a year without messaging her but she was telling all of my peers and my bosses BS so I sent her an email saying mean things. Nothing threatening. I am probably going to get put on probation. Will this destroy my chances of getting into new school ( I will report of course).
Yup. DOA at my school, since you can't follow simple mandates. I'd reject you before you left the interview room.

It isn’t even that serious. My personal and professional life got too intertwined. I’m never gonna mix those two again. This was an ex who was harassing me too. I think I’m gonna not get charged with stalking, but I violated the order. Never even made physical contact with her in any way shape or form

The order was through the school and it was stupid in the first place. I drunk texted her one night. Her friend contacted the dean. Never talked to her again but she was slandering my name to my peers and bosses so in a moment of weakness I called her mean names via email. ****ing cinco de mayo. All of this occurred in cyberspace. From beginning to end. All of my PhD work is related to medicine. I am taking mcat in august

You're not owning the situation, but making excuses and even worse, pooh-poohing your transgression.

But some places might accept me? If I apply around? And have 3 good LOR?
Nope

I appreciate your input. I’m going to apply for MD either way. I’m just going to take responsibility for what I did, say that I learned my lesson and that I will never mix my personal and professional life again. I think the mitigating circumstances of this harassment charge will speak for themself, and again, it wasn’t criminal and wouldn’t even be on my transcript.

Random rant - I understand why a school would want the information, or any employee really, but I don’t think it is anyone’s business Especially if it is through title ix, whom only need to be about 51% sure a violation has occurred to find you guilty. This isn’t a court. It is very subjective. - rant over
We're the only thing between you and patients; It's our business to know.

1/10 chance?
1/10 troll job. I'd rate you higher.

Reactions: 6 users

Yup. DOA at my school, since you can't follow simple mandates. I'd reject you before you left the interview room.

You're not owning the situation, but making excuses and even worse, pooh-poohing your transgression.

Nope

I’m convinced you are all trolling me. I made a mistake and I am going to own up to it but venting on a random forum isn’t a big deal. I know more about human health than the majority of you. I don’t know what happened to you people but these forums seem to discourage people from applying more than anything. I assume most of you are failed applicants yourself and are now trying to make others hate themself as much as you all hate yourselves. I learned a lot here, and I do appreciate the input in some cases. I’ll post back when I get accepted to medical school.

I’m convinced you are all trolling me. I made a mistake and I am going to own up to it but venting on a random forum isn’t a big deal. I know more about human health than the majority of you. I don’t know what happened to you people but these forums seem to discourage people from applying more than anything. I assume most of you are failed applicants yourself and are now trying to make others hate themself as much as you all hate yourselves. I learned a lot here, and I do appreciate the input in some cases. I’ll post back when I get accepted to medical school.
SGU and Ross will take you. I approve of your applying there. CNU and LUCOM too.

Reactions: 3 users

Assuming this is real, you aren’t likely to be a successful candidate for medical school which is what you asked. You have a 2.9 UGPA. You have an IA for violating a no-contact order which was an IA itself already. You don’t know what a DO is. You refuse to consider DO. You have no MCAT score. Sorry if you came here just looking for blind reassurance instead of advice.

Reactions: 4 users
Assuming this is real, you aren’t likely to be a successful candidate for medical school which is what you asked. You have a 2.9 UGPA. You have an IA for violating a no-contact order which was an IA itself already. You don’t know what a DO is. You refuse to consider DO. You have no MCAT score. Sorry if you came here just looking for blind reassurance instead of advice.

The no contact was not an IA. It was not even investigated. Both parties agreed to it. I said that I would look into DO. I’m going to take the MCAT. And my UGPA was low, but above 3.0 all three years after undergrad and I am on track to get a PhD with a 4.0. You are all so quick to shoot people down you don’t read what they said. Just bitter people. I have great LORs and I have published in multiple immunology journals. And again, I know more about human health than any undergrad applying. I just need to own up to some things I did. Why wouldn’t this be real?

OP might be a troll, but I have a slow night so I'll bite.

up. DOA at my school, since you can't follow simple mandates. I'd reject you before you left the interview room.

I'm usually kind on giving people second chances, but having a no-contact order, and then breaking it, is essentially messing up a second chance.

I know more about human health than the majority of you.

Lol, you wish. You don't even know what DO is. You're very far behind, not ahead.

I don’t know what happened to you people but these forums seem to discourage people from applying more than anything.

I'm going to tell you a secret, but please keep it between us. The secret to having a positive experience on the forums is to not be arrogant and a know-it-all when you're the person asking questions.

Saying to a bunch of ADCOMs, medical students, and physicians that "you know human health better than us" is a ridiculous statement.

I assume most of you are failed applicants yourself and are now trying to make others hate themself as much as you all hate yourselves.

Again, this guy is probably trolling. But I'm on a feeding frenzy tonight.

I learned a lot here, and I do appreciate the input in some cases. I’ll post back when I get accepted to medical school.

Ok cool, when you do it, tell us how you talked your way out of the harassment IA, that will be one hell of an accomplishment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think you are aware that a few of the repliers in this post are actually adcoms...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
The no contact was not an IA. It was not even investigated. Both parties agreed to it. I said that I would look into DO. I’m going to take the MCAT. And my UGPA was low, but above 3.0 all three years after undergrad and I am on track to get a PhD with a 4.0. You are all so quick to shoot people down you don’t read what they said. Just bitter people. I have great LORs and I have published in multiple immunology journals. And again, I know more about human health than any undergrad applying. I just need to own up to some things I did. Why wouldn’t this be real?

I am going to take a real shot here, since most of the others will probably not respond; I am going to point a few things out, and I am doing this with utmost respect and being totally honest with you. However, you can take everything I say with a grain of salt.

First and foremost, I can understand your predicament. In fact, I think most of the people who have commented on your thread can. They understand that things in life happen - like your Title IX; most pre-medical student's have something happen that they wish hadn't. A "partying" semester in college, a parent that dies, etc, etc. The difference - currently - is that your situation is a university misconduct situation, and not just a "bad semester." Do you see the difference? It is certainly an uphill battle IF that were the only problem with your application. Medical School acceptance is kind of like a game. You have to play the game better than others, or you will get cut. So, let us reiterate. You have a great background with a Ph.D in Immunology, I do not think anyone in this forum is going to deny that. However, you have an academic misconduct coupled with an academic misconduct violation. Instantly, you have a problem on top of a problem. I am not saying that it is right or fair, but most medical schools will say that you have no self-control or awareness.

Secondly, remember when I said that if that was the only problem, then you would still have an uphill battle? Well it is not the only problem though. You also have a low undergraduate GPA. You had one bad year in college, sure. However, your other years still do not even closely put you into competitiveness with most MD schools. It would be different if it were like a 2.7 freshman year, then a 4.0 every year after that, but reality says that is not the case.

Thirdly, your Ph.D is great. You have an awesome background; however, like stated, it is not a huge factor. I am sure you put a lot of effort into it, and more importantly, proud of it. I would be too! It takes a lot of time and work for a Ph.D like that. Unfortunately, Ph.D requirements around the country differ - unlike undergrad pre-med classes. Also, you MUST maintain a 3.0 in grad school to continue studying at most places; what I think most people before me were trying to articulate is that sure you have an awesome Ph.D GPA, but that was because you had to. Also, you have excellent research, but did you have that in undergrad? Or simply just your Ph.D program? Again, because most Ph.D programs require you to publish research. Remember, I am not asking that question, but medical school admissions committees are. Most undergraduates do not do research because they HAVE to as required by their degree, but because they want to. Your publications are fantastic! I would not take that away from you, but I would venture to bet that an undergraduate student that has published research on something that they CHOSE to do research on is more impressive than a Ph.D student who has published research because they had too. Again, this is not something that I think, but simply something that admissions committees probably weigh.

Fourthly, and listen carefully here, the way an individual carries themselves says a lot more about them than how intelligent they are. Sure you might know more about the immunological/allergy side of the human body; but are you sure that you know more than an undergraduate student who studied physiology at John Hopkins with published research in K/CA channels? My point is this, many doctors are already as arrogant as they come. No offense to any one doctor reading this currently. Most admissions committees are trying to get away from accepting completely arrogant individuals because no one likes those people - including patients. Admissions committees are trying to accept people who are down to Earth, humanistic, caring, understating, but also intelligent with the ability to have self-reflection. Currently - in this entire forum - you have done a lot of belittling and a little self-reflection. You have not taken the criticism and the advice given to you very well which is why most people here are not being kind to you. You have currently been a "red flag." Not just with your background, but with your attitude toward people who have given you very solid advice. @Robin-jay tried very hard to give you good advice and you basically shrugged it off. My question I pose is this, why would anyone here want to continue to give you good advice when you have declined most of it OR just not believed what you have been told?

I know - after reading everything - you believe the people here to be bitter people who could not get in themselves; however, since you are "new," I will let you in on not-such-a-large secret. You have spoken to at MINIMUM 3 (THREE) people in this thread who are on admissions committees at reputable schools. Not only are they on those committees, but they are also practicing physicians. Not only are they practicing physicians, but they are also academic professors. So they see patients, interact with students, AND accept students. You took everything that they advised you to do, and you shoved it right back into their faces basically telling them that they were wrong and their opinions were garbage. You will get into exactly 0 (ZERO) schools with that attitude alone - now lets factor in everything else that I have mentioned such as your attitude, arrogance, low undergrad GPA, academic misconduct, and the inability to have self control. Again, remember, this is not things that I think about you, but facts that you have said.

My advice, and I can understand that you are probably frustrated with me and with the length of this post because you probably think that I am bashing you; however, my advice is this;

1. Self-reflect. I mean do some serious self-reflection. Ask yourself if your attitude to be a physician is right? Because being "better and smart" is not the right attitude.
2. Learn to take criticism - especially from people who know what they are talking about. You will have to do this with attending physicians for at least 7 years until you can open your own practice.
3. Understand that you have an uphill battle - no matter what you think you have accomplished thus far.
4. Learn what a DO is and does. They are hand-in-hand with MDs and very well might be your best chance.
5. Ace the MCAT, its deceivingly harder than one might think.
6. Listen to the positive things and advice most people said on this thread, and you MIGHT have a chance.

Reactions: 11 users
I am on track to get a PhD with a 4.0.
So you don't yet have a PhD.

And again, I know more about human health than any undergrad applying.

But not about human nature.

The order was through the school and it was stupid in the first place. I drunk texted her one night. Her friend contacted the dean. Never talked to her again but she was slandering my name to my peers and bosses so in a moment of weakness I called her mean names via email. ****ing cinco de mayo. All of this occurred in cyberspace. From beginning to end. All of my PhD work is related to medicine. I am taking mcat in august

One last bit of advice: Stop drinking. What's happening when you drink is evidence that you can't drink safely and you need to stop.

Reactions: 10 users

Nope

So you don't yet have a PhD.

But not about human nature.

One last bit of advice: Stop drinking. What's happening when you drink is evidence that you can't drink safely and you need to stop.

I was going to chime in here, but it has been said. Authoritatively.

I wouldn't touch your application with a 10-foot pole because based on what I've seen, you'd be nothing but trouble. Drama, excuses, high-maintenance, legal liability... Why would I want that at my school when there are so many excellent candidates?

00373c3.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Yes but I’m the troll.

I wouldn't touch your application with a 10-foot pole because based on what I've seen, you'd be nothing but trouble. Drama, excuses, high-maintenance, legal liability... Why would I want that at my school when there are so many excellent candidates?

This is an Internet forum. No one is even using their real names.

:troll:

Reactions: 2 users
Yes but I’m the troll.
This is an Internet forum. No one is even using their real names.

My name is Jose Cuervo and there is a happy hour going on somewhere in the world.
Shots of tequila are on you bruh

Listen to this woman. She has a movie about her and you would be a fool to cross her

A 'Downton Abbey' movie is coming

2EE02AF6-14FA-4D52-B77F-978DBC8A8B6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.