• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Instrument Trays

drPheta

Some random guy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Massachusetts
  1. Dentist
Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find a good/cheap instrument tray for my hand instruments? Everytime in operative, when I lay out my items, they roll around and get all disorganized.

I'd like to have something that I can use to keep all my hand instruments in line. It'd make doing operative much more convenient, and it'd keep my operative tray/table more visually appealing.

About the Ads

gryffindor

15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2002
  1. Dentist
The rubber mat thingy compugirl is talking about will solve your problem, just make sure you get one where the grooves to hold the instruments are wide enough for those rubber hexagon grips. The actual name for this item is "Instrument Mat" as per the Benco catalog. Looks like they run between $6 to $9 each.

This Benco catalog I'm flipping through has a lot of solutions for your problem. Their # is 1-800-GO-BENCO if you want one for yourself. There are various "Cabinet Trays" also available to organize your instruments.

Also, try checking in Office Depot or Office Max for some sort of plastic pen holder that lays flat - that might work too, if they make such things.

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Columbus, OH
Originally posted by compugirl
ok ... rubber thingy ...
:laugh:

drPheta: Have you tried asking a professor from your school for any suggestions? - I am sure its pretty rough when the tools start to move around and get disorganized, and ultimately effects your effciency.

Anyone else know what this "rubber thingy!" is called?

drPheta

Some random guy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Massachusetts
  1. Dentist
SCORE!

Thanks Griffin. Benco has such great service. I called them up and didn't have an exact item number. The sales rep was very patient and helpful. Got me two baby blue instrument mats with the grooves at $6 each! I love having a dental professional/student discount.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.