Instrument Trays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drPheta

Some random guy
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find a good/cheap instrument tray for my hand instruments? Everytime in operative, when I lay out my items, they roll around and get all disorganized.

I'd like to have something that I can use to keep all my hand instruments in line. It'd make doing operative much more convenient, and it'd keep my operative tray/table more visually appealing.

Members don't see this ad.

ok i dont know what its called but what about that rubber thingy that u lay the instruments on...keeps them straight and thats what we use at the clinic for amalgam sets

Sounds promising, but does this rubber mat/thingy have undulations or grooves to keep the instruments from rolling around?

Our hand instruments have these rubber hexagonal grips, but they still roll and slide/shift.

Members don't see this ad :)
The rubber mat thingy compugirl is talking about will solve your problem, just make sure you get one where the grooves to hold the instruments are wide enough for those rubber hexagon grips. The actual name for this item is "Instrument Mat" as per the Benco catalog. Looks like they run between $6 to $9 each.

This Benco catalog I'm flipping through has a lot of solutions for your problem. Their # is 1-800-GO-BENCO if you want one for yourself. There are various "Cabinet Trays" also available to organize your instruments.

Also, try checking in Office Depot or Office Max for some sort of plastic pen holder that lays flat - that might work too, if they make such things.

Originally posted by compugirl
ok ... rubber thingy ...
:laugh:

drPheta: Have you tried asking a professor from your school for any suggestions? - I am sure its pretty rough when the tools start to move around and get disorganized, and ultimately effects your effciency.

Anyone else know what this "rubber thingy!" is called?

SCORE!

Thanks Griffin. Benco has such great service. I called them up and didn't have an exact item number. The sales rep was very patient and helpful. Got me two baby blue instrument mats with the grooves at $6 each! I love having a dental professional/student discount.