Insurance company asking for full name?

Started by Digsbe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Digsbe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called an insurance company to reverse a claim. We billed a medication to see if it was covered (cream vs ointment), then deleted it. When trying to reprocess the claim was still in existence on their end. I called the insurance to have the old claim reversed as it hadn't been done. They said they'd need my full name and asked if I was the pharmacist on duty before they could reverse it manually. Has anyone ever had this happen before?
 
Called an insurance company to reverse a claim. We billed a medication to see if it was covered (cream vs ointment), then deleted it. When trying to reprocess the claim was still in existence on their end. I called the insurance to have the old claim reversed as it hadn't been done. They said they'd need my full name and asked if I was the pharmacist on duty before they could reverse it manually. Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Lincoln, Abraham. Any questions, your parents were history professors.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lincoln, Abraham. Any questions, your parents were history professors.....

In my naivety I gave it to them thinking it would be "fraud" not to in a sense. I just found it strange they asked for my full name and if I was the pharmacist on duty. I never experienced this as a tech either when trying to reverse a claim.
 
In my naivety I gave it to them thinking it would be "fraud" not to in a sense. I just found it strange they asked for my full name and if I was the pharmacist on duty. I never experienced this as a tech either when trying to reverse a claim.

Have to learn to think more quickly on your feet.
 
Maybe so... I'm just hoping its nothing negative in regards to trying to run a claim for a patient to see if an alternative is covered.
Could have just as easily been an accident to select the ointment rather than the cream so you need It reversed to correct the mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
 
Could have just as easily been an accident to select the ointment rather than the cream so you need It reversed to correct the mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

We had scripts for both a cream and an ointment. Patient was asking us to see which was covered and the issue was with swapping between the two. I don't really see how they could have an issue with it since at the end of the day only 1 paid claim for a prescribed drug was dispensed. I just found it silly they'd ask for the "pharmacist on duty" name to reverse a claim manually.