Intel STS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arjuna

Wielder of the Brahmastra
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The vast majority of early success is nothing but the result of the situation you were born into. Yes, yes; they have drive and ability. Drive and ability mostly instilled by the parents and surroundings they were born to.

Anyway, if a lack of research awards and Olympic qualifications is your biggest concern I suggest you depart the emo train at the next stop. Plenty of kids out there who are at the top of their high school alumni simply because they lack a child, drug addiction, criminal record, and/or gang affiliation.

All that said, I can relate to your feelings of "why didn't I do more". It's in the past though and largely impacted by factors out of your control. Worry about now, when you've been given a chance to take the reigns of your life...

You need a mix of hard work and talent to succeed. Some people are just born with more talent. And others need to compensate with more hard work. Welcome to the reality where everyone is not created equal.