Interested in Pulm/CC, but no in house fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

getfat

IM Resident
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm an incoming intern at a community IM program w/ an open ICU and no in-house fellowship. Interested in pulm/cc. Honestly just lacking overall direction.

Last post w/ similar description was in 2014. I've heard that pulm/cc has become much more competitive and application strategy might have changed. So wanted to ask the forum.

Other than telling the PD or attendings right away about interest, is there anything i should be doing to be a competitive applicants as an incoming intern.

Members don't see this ad.

Start with getting your bearings and becoming a good intern. Network a bit with your seniors during some down time and figure out who has successfully matched in your program recently to pccm (or gi or cards or heme/onc if you don't have in house fellowships for those either). Get in touch with those people and ask them what they did. Your program might have the ability to arrange away rotations at academic centers or community connections that might help.

Summary: Dont worry about it right now.

Reactions: 1 user