Interested in pursuing Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlwaysRising

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd first like to introduce myself, my names Chris and I am from California. I am currently attending a community college and working on my General Education. I was just wondering if i should feel nervous about pursuing an occupation in Pharmacy because in highschool i neglected my sciences, however, I dont know how related the fields of mathematics vs science are, but I recieved A's in Algebra 1 and Intermediate Algebra. The main concern i want to address is in regards to the science aspects of my education - for some reason, since i did not take chemistry or bio in highschool, I am a little fearful about the course material. However, i believe in my capabilities to comprehend material and I believe i could accomplish anything i set my mind to. I soppose my main concern would be, can i learn and develop a strong foundation for my sciences - enough to get through pharm school, by taking college level chemistry and science pre req's without any sort of foundation first?. Meaning, is there no foundation really needed for chemistry?? Is it all just material i can learn on my own throughout the class? Perhaps i should memorize the periodic table because i havent looked at it in years. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. This is my first fulltime semester year at my community college and i plan to transfer to a university. I'm doing good with my GPA and im sure its around 3.5+ easy, more so - i havent recieved my grades yet, but i took intermediate alg - A, English 1A - A (pretty sure i got A, B+ for sure), and Philosophy (B+ - A-) for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow you did not have to take bio or chem in highschool, it is requiered here. You should be fine taking bio and chem without a solid base. You just need to have strong study habits. Good luck:thumbup:

yeah hehe, thanks for the responses guys =). I actually did independent studies for the remainder of junior/senior years because i landed myself into trouble. I have since left behind all that nonsense, and caught up on all my credits and graduated on time. But yeah, i take school seriously now and i know i can do this. =). Thanks guys.