Interested Mohs Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would disagree with the "Non-accredited" Mohs fellowships. There are a few out there that are strong and probably better than some ACGME fellowships. I think now is the ideal time because you could still take the MSDO exam and call yourself "board certified". After a couple of years, that might be different.

I would also agree that the top 3 programs are pretty much: Zitelli/Brodland, Glenn Goldman, and Joel Cook.

Bordeaux and Maher are top as well. They are more of the new school.
Brad Merritt at UNC is KILLER (and would be my number 1 right now if I were applying).

I don't think Geisenger is consider a top program. Anna Bar is great but not on the level of the previously mentioned. Scripps is legendary due to Greenway and being in San Diego, but I would go to the others over it.

There are many good programs out there. The key is to get in. You will get a decent foundation wherever you go, and if you want to push and learn more recon you can and will improve in time.

Edit: I would mostly advocate to go where you feel that you have a good "fit" and get along with the faculty. There are some mean people out there and can make the year horrible. Even if the training is great, I don't think it is worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I would disagree with the "Non-accredited" Mohs fellowships. There are a few out there that are strong and probably better than some ACGME fellowships. I think now is the ideal time because you could still take the MSDO exam and call yourself "board certified". After a couple of years, that might be different.

I would also agree that the top 3 programs are pretty much: Zitelli/Brodland, Glenn Goldman, and Joel Cook.

Bordeaux and Maher are top as well. They are more of the new school.
Brad Merritt at UNC is KILLER (and would be my number 1 right now if I were applying).

I don't think Geisenger is consider a top program. Anna Bar is great but not on the level of the previously mentioned. Scripps is legendary due to Greenway and being in San Diego, but I would go to the others over it.

There are many good programs out there. The key is to get in. You will get a decent foundation wherever you go, and if you want to push and learn more recon you can and will improve in time.

Edit: I would mostly advocate to go where you feel that you have a good "fit" and get along with the faculty. There are some mean people out there and can make the year horrible. Even if the training is great, I don't think it is worth it.
Thanks for your response.

If these non-ACGME-accredited fellowships become ACGME-accredited after I complete the fellowship, they don't usually grandfather their graduates right (to qualify for ACMS).