• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Interested Mohs Fellowship

MrBigglesworth

Meow
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2010
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I would disagree with the "Non-accredited" Mohs fellowships. There are a few out there that are strong and probably better than some ACGME fellowships. I think now is the ideal time because you could still take the MSDO exam and call yourself "board certified". After a couple of years, that might be different.

I would also agree that the top 3 programs are pretty much: Zitelli/Brodland, Glenn Goldman, and Joel Cook.

Bordeaux and Maher are top as well. They are more of the new school.
    Brad Merritt at UNC is KILLER (and would be my number 1 right now if I were applying).

I don't think Geisenger is consider a top program. Anna Bar is great but not on the level of the previously mentioned. Scripps is legendary due to Greenway and being in San Diego, but I would go to the others over it.

There are many good programs out there. The key is to get in. You will get a decent foundation wherever you go, and if you want to push and learn more recon you can and will improve in time.

Edit: I would mostly advocate to go where you feel that you have a good "fit" and get along with the faculty. There are some mean people out there and can make the year horrible. Even if the training is great, I don't think it is worth it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: 1 users

Skinvestigator

2+ Year Member
    Sep 3, 2018
      I would disagree with the "Non-accredited" Mohs fellowships. There are a few out there that are strong and probably better than some ACGME fellowships. I think now is the ideal time because you could still take the MSDO exam and call yourself "board certified". After a couple of years, that might be different.

I would also agree that the top 3 programs are pretty much: Zitelli/Brodland, Glenn Goldman, and Joel Cook.

Bordeaux and Maher are top as well. They are more of the new school.
      Brad Merritt at UNC is KILLER (and would be my number 1 right now if I were applying).

I don't think Geisenger is consider a top program. Anna Bar is great but not on the level of the previously mentioned. Scripps is legendary due to Greenway and being in San Diego, but I would go to the others over it.

There are many good programs out there. The key is to get in. You will get a decent foundation wherever you go, and if you want to push and learn more recon you can and will improve in time.

Edit: I would mostly advocate to go where you feel that you have a good "fit" and get along with the faculty. There are some mean people out there and can make the year horrible. Even if the training is great, I don't think it is worth it.
      Thanks for your response.

If these non-ACGME-accredited fellowships become ACGME-accredited after I complete the fellowship, they don't usually grandfather their graduates right (to qualify for ACMS).

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.