Interesting App Review Video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came across this in the Application Renovation series that Dr. Gray does to breakdown students' primary applications. Most of the times, the apps usually have a lack of clinical hours, some odd phrasing in their activities, or a way too creative/off-base personal statement. This applicant though apparently had done most things well and she ended up rejected post II from UW (her state school) and pre-II everywhere else. Aside from a better school list and more hours to those less fortunate, I am not sure why she had such a bad cycle. MCW, Thomas Jefferson, Wake, WMed, Rochester all seemed appropriate along her state schools, but it is a bit too few schools considering the number of apps that got submitted this year.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't see: letters of rec, secondaries etc. Some big components!

You didn't see: letters of rec, secondaries etc. Some big components!
I noticed we got a peek at the titles of her letters. Only 1 science professor sent to all the schools and then 2 physician ones! The non-science professor was only sent to 1 school, so I wonder if she even got marked complete at a majority of places

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed we got a peek at the titles of her letters. Only 1 science professor sent to all the schools and then 2 physician ones! The non-science professor was only sent to 1 school, so I wonder if she even got marked complete at a majority of places
LOR are so important... people don’t realize.

Reactions: 1 user