Interesting App Review Video

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I came across this in the Application Renovation series that Dr. Gray does to breakdown students' primary applications. Most of the times, the apps usually have a lack of clinical hours, some odd phrasing in their activities, or a way too creative/off-base personal statement. This applicant though apparently had done most things well and she ended up rejected post II from UW (her state school) and pre-II everywhere else. Aside from a better school list and more hours to those less fortunate, I am not sure why she had such a bad cycle. MCW, Thomas Jefferson, Wake, WMed, Rochester all seemed appropriate along her state schools, but it is a bit too few schools considering the number of apps that got submitted this year.

Any thoughts?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't see: letters of rec, secondaries etc. Some big components!
I noticed we got a peek at the titles of her letters. Only 1 science professor sent to all the schools and then 2 physician ones! The non-science professor was only sent to 1 school, so I wonder if she even got marked complete at a majority of places
 
I noticed we got a peek at the titles of her letters. Only 1 science professor sent to all the schools and then 2 physician ones! The non-science professor was only sent to 1 school, so I wonder if she even got marked complete at a majority of places
LOR are so important... people don’t realize.