Interesting Article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randomlogik

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found this article that stated " The average American spent 8.6 hours a day sleeping last year, only 3.7 hours working and had 5.1 leisure hours -- half of which was spent watching television, a survey showed on Tuesday. "

Only 3.7 hours working?! I want that job. Of course they don't mention how much money they make. heh. Of course, in reality I'm glad im going into medicine. Even if it does mean I'll work 25 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Here is the article: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=4&u=/nm/20040915/od_nm/life_time_dc

Members don't see this ad.

"Average American" hmmm..

With the large percentages of the population that are either 1) retired, 2) below the working age, or 3) unemployed and are contributing 0 hrs/day to the "average american work day" it's no suprise that it's under 4 hrs. Even if everybody else was working 24/7, it would still be a low number.

Statistics are one type of lie.

"You can make up statistics to prove anything, Kent....37% of all people know that"