Interesting job outlook perspective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Jet and Mil

Honestly...let's put the differences to the side for a second.

The reason I am not a strong advocate of your team approach is because of the RISE in jer# offs like CYNDEE. You give a thirsty ass (i mean donkey) some water, and it wants a friggin well.

Case and point = CYNDEE

I agree a team approach is nice in a eutopian world, where nurses know their role and are not trying to overdue themselves. BUT...with ppl like CYNDEE (once again on the RISE) this team model will only become our own poison.

Members don't see this ad.

cloud9 said:
Cyndee said:
1) Why "2" 4 yr degrees?

2) I think you are really putting words in their mouths. It is not about stroking ones ego, it is about the safety (and sanity) of the patient. Some of these folks are already a bit delirious and then when they think they've seen 4 docs that day you inform them that you are the first doctor to see them. Confusion, confusion, confusion.

Because the physiology degree wouldn't get me into NP school. And NO, I never took the MCAT because I didn't HAVE TO. I wanted to be a NURSE PRACTITIONER, get it? Also, as far as the safety issue...there have been more than 100 studies that have compared MD/NP patient outcomes and they have all shown that the patients treated by the NP's had outcomes equal to or BETTER THAN the MD's! SAME THING FOR CRNA versus ANESTHESIOLOGISTS! But you know what, I'd be pissed too if I had wasted all those years in college/residency and ended up doing the same job as a NURSE! That SUCKS!!!

jetproppilot said:
We do not give two rooms to every surgeon. But in fact, the very busy, big players at our hospital very frequently (advocated by me) do. For example, we have a very busy orthopod who typically does five or six cases per day, twice a week at our facility. I'll work to get him 2 rooms, and can have him out much earlier if that is accomplished.

We do the same. We have one orthopod that can move pretty well and knows how to use his PA appropriately. If he books 6 or more cases we give him 2 rooms. It helps everyone and encourages him to book more cases.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cyndee said:
mountaindew2006 said:
The terrorist is posting again on God.com. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that your "friends/family members are nurses" but NONE of them are like CYNDEE! In other words, they are subservient little wimps who can't stand up to GOD! The PUBLIC respects us more and we ARE replacing you in anesthesiology, pediatrics, primary care, obstetrics, etc. It's not MY fault that the healthcare system is running out of money and the lowly nurses are taking your jobs. Didn't you guys take a course in economics (like us lowly nurses)? WE ARE REPLACING YOU AND DOING JUST AS GOOD A JOB! I'm going to order Haldol 10mg, Ativan 2mg and Benadryl 50 mg IM...maybe THAT will calm your nerves! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK. Know what? You're right. I'm not a nurse. And I'm not infiltrating any professions. And by experience/training, I actually DO know more medicine than you. Cancer research? Nope. Nurse practitioner stuff? Nope. Pharmacy PhD stuff? Nope.

The diagnosis and treatment of medical illnesses?

Sorry to resort to this, but yes, I know more than you. And always will, unless you further your education.

Cyndee said:
cloud9 said:
Because the physiology degree wouldn't get me into NP school. And NO, I never took the MCAT because I didn't HAVE TO. I wanted to be a NURSE PRACTITIONER, get it? Also, as far as the safety issue...there have been more than 100 studies that have compared MD/NP patient outcomes and they have all shown that the patients treated by the NP's had outcomes equal to or BETTER THAN the MD's! SAME THING FOR CRNA versus ANESTHESIOLOGISTS! But you know what, I'd be pissed too if I had wasted all those years in college/residency and ended up doing the same job as a NURSE! That SUCKS!!!

This is a doctors forum and we try not to talk about studies without posting the proof. So lets see a good study posted here, from you. Of course you can come up with 100's of them, but I have never seen a well done study that proved the midlevels were "BETTER THAN the MD's". We have had more than one nurse make this type of comment but never had one back it up.

Cyndee said:
cloud9 said:

Lets cut through all the BS.

What you're really aggravated about is that we make (literally), more money in a year then you make in 9 or ten years. Thats what this is really about.

Sorry. Call it good fortune.

Cyndee said:
WE ARE REPLACING YOU AND DOING JUST AS GOOD A JOB!
Sure... When you need your oil changed "Jiffy Lube" does a fine job and you often don't have to wait like you do at your mechanic. But when your transmission is knocking, most people won't value the diagnosis and intervention they get at "Jiffy Lube". It’s simply a difference in education and training.

I also think the more letters a person posts after the name is proportional to their insecurities.

Sincerely,
ear-ache, EMT-p, BSN, CCRN, 4th grade spelling bee champ

jetproppilot said:
Cyndee said:
OK. Know what? You're right. I'm not a nurse. And I'm not infiltrating any professions. And by experience/training, I actually DO know more medicine than you. Cancer research? Nope. Nurse practitioner stuff? Nope. Pharmacy PhD stuff? Nope.

The diagnosis and treatment of medical illnesses?

Sorry to resort to this, but yes, I know more than you. And always will, unless you further your education.

Know more about WHAT? I've had to clean up more doctor's mistakes than I have cared to and that's with a LOWLY MSN DEGREE! You are soooo full of s---! You can't generalize and say that doctors know more than nurse practitioners, because it's not always the case. I don't give a s--- how many years you have spent in college, that doesn't make you any more competent than a nurse practitioner. Like I said, we are effectively/efficiently replacing anesthesiologists, pediatricians, primary care physicians and OB/GYNs in this country and it will continue. THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS AND WE'RE OVERTAKING YOUR PROFESSIONS! If I had a child who wanted to go to medical school, then I'd make darn sure they didn't enter one of those specialties because the writing is on the wall. Argue all you want...the laws are changing and we ARE practicing medicine and doing a d---good job of it!

Cyndee said:
mountaindew2006 said:
I'm going to order Haldol 10mg, Ativan 2mg and Benadryl 50 mg IM

just make sure you get an MD to co-sign your order for a controlled substance

Cyndee said:
cloud9 said:

1) I was just wondering why 2 degrees.

2) I never wondered if you took the MCAT. I really don't care if you did or not.

3) I have no problem with NP's. They have a role in the healthcare system (no more or less important than anyone else's) and never implied they could fulfill their role with more or less efficacy.

4) I have no problem with CRNA's.

5) Take heed speaking of wasting time with degrees you who have TWO "4 year degrees".

6) If you think I am some simpleton you can goad into a penis swinging contest, you are an even larger fool than some of the other forum posters think you are. :idea:

Your posts seem to imply you have something to prove. Good luck to ya. ;)

mountaindew2006 said:
Hey Jet and Mil

Honestly...let's put the differences to the side for a second.

The reason I am not a strong advocate of your team approach is because of the RISE in jer# offs like CYNDEE. You give a thirsty ass (i mean donkey) some water, and it wants a friggin well.

Case and point = CYNDEE

I agree a team approach is nice in a eutopian world, where nurses know their role and are not trying to overdue themselves. BUT...with ppl like CYNDEE (once again on the RISE) this team model will only become our own poison.

Believe me, if the Cyndees were the norm, no anesthesia group in its right mind would hire nurses.
You are receiving a skewed version of how anesthesia is practiced because of the (recently...geez...we're being invaded) terrorists here.

That being said, I'm game! BUT WAIT! Theres not enough of us to go around! Thats the whole problem, mountain. Theres not enough, and there wont be for...uhhh...ever, if you ask me. Yes, there is a recent rise in anesthesia popularity, but statistically its not obtainable.

And dont think this is a problem specific to anesthesia.

There will never be a "CRNA-OVERTAKING", despite Cyndees delusions.

Soon2BENT said:
Cyndee said:
just make sure you get an MD to co-sign your order for a controlled substance
Which state are you practicing in? I don't NEED a co-signer for schedules III - V. If I lived in New Mexico (and several other states) I would be able to prescribe II's as well. But I RARELY PRESCRIBE ANY OF THE ABOVE, SO I DON'T NEED YOUR FRICKING SIGNATURE!

HA HA...LOWLY NURSE WRITES SCRIPTS JUST LIKE THE BIG DOCTOR!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cyndee said:
Soon2BENT said:
Which state are you practicing in? I don't NEED a co-signer for schedules III - V. If I lived in New Mexico (and several other states) I would be able to prescribe II's as well. But I RARELY PRESCRIBE ANY OF THE ABOVE, SO I DON'T NEED YOUR FRICKING SIGNATURE!

HA HA...LOWLY NURSE WRITES SCRIPTS JUST LIKE THE BIG DOCTOR!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What is your objective here?

OK. We've heard your point. Nurses are the know-all-end-all.

When you come down with a complex medical illness and need complex surgery/medical intervention, please go to a nurse practioner to cure you. Great. We've established that. Now get the f uck outta here.

Members don't see this ad :)
:love:
Noyac said:
Cyndee said:
This is a doctors forum and we try not to talk about studies without posting the proof. So lets see a good study posted here, from you. Of course you can come up with 100's of them, but I have never seen a well done study that proved the midlevels were "BETTER THAN the MD's". We have had more than one nurse make this type of comment but never had one back it up.

Hey Noyac

no worries...actually if you recall I did post these studies that she is referring to.

First of all of them were published in BULLS#it nurse journals. None of them said that nurses are BETTER than MDs.

CYNDEE , chcked pubmed....didnt find ANY studies that you are referrign to in MAINSTREAM journals that were clearly unbiased. hmmm wonder why :cool:

SOON TO BE...that co-sign thing was pretty friggin hilarious. :laugh:

CYNDEE-another thing..w/ the gambit of RISING anesthesiologists out there given the popularity of the field...u guys will certainly be put back into your role. Furthermore, I love seeing posts from ppl like you. It just UNITES ANESTHESIOLOGISTs together. Keep it coming nurse :love:

jetproppilot said:
Cyndee said:

When you come down with a complex medical illness and need complex surgery/medical intervention, please go to a nurse practioner to cure you. Great. We've established that. Now get the f uck outta here.

Chill out Jet

She might assume her nursely role and try to pull a "that's a JCAHO violation" stunt on OUR forum.

As a side note, I love how nurses like CYNDEE feel like they are the $hit when they rat out a doctor or try correcting us. I think it's an unconscious passive-aggressive action.

Cyndee, please stop the postings and drop it. You are making yourself (and the rest of us in the process) look like fools. There are those of us that enjoy this board and co-exist here quite peacefully. Please leave it that way.

rn29306
RN, BSN
ACLS, PALS, NRP
DataScope IABP certified
CS certified
CCEMT-P with metro Atlanta EMS company on a kick-ass Mobile ICU truck
current senior SRNA
have no inclination to become a DNP
refuse to wear the white coat my program dictated we buy with silly initials on it
will most certainly take part in annual coat-burning ceremony upon graduation
former lifeguard
former ER tech
used to work in an office but hated business setting
attended a small junior college
drank alot during BSN school at GSU
possess a GSU inking on right shoulder
never in the Boy Scouts, but got accused of eating a Brownie on a cuppla occasions
stayed at alot of Holiday Inns lately
earned first degree Black Belt in Taekwondo as a fat ass, husky-pants wearing 6th grader - this still counts right?
have a CRNA friend that is employed by Mil's group (its a small world after all)
wish I could ride the two-wheeler as good as Mil on the Dragon
think working under ATC design with JPP would be entertaining to say the least..
watch alot of Ultimate Fighting
would like to see JPP sink a rear naked choke on one of his CRNAs again
want to sink rear-naked choke on someone one day, in addition to including an arm bar, headbutt, breaking a beer bottle on someone's head, and perhaps a cue stick over the cranium should the occasion arise

while this is indeed amusing and I could go on and on - I think you get the point.....

No one cares so drop it

jetproppilot said:
Cyndee said:

From NP vs PA thread:

"First off, I never implied that I would put my education up against a doctors, only a PA's. If I wanted to further my education, I would become a doctor."
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3217971#post3217971

Anything you want to tell us Cyndee?

Not implying your education is the same?

Vanderbilt, huh?

rn29306 said:
Cyndee, please stop the postings and drop it. You are making yourself (and the rest of us in the process) look like fools. There are those of us that enjoy this board and co-exist here quite peacefully. Please leave it that way.

rn29306
RN, BSN
ACLS, PALS, NRP
DataScope IABP certified
CS certified
CCEMT-P with metro Atlanta EMS company on a kick-ass Mobile ICU truck
current senior SRNA
have no inclination to become a DNP
refuse to wear white coat program dictated we buy with silly initials on it
will most certainly take part in annual coat-burning ceremony upon graduation
former lifeguard
former ER tech
used to work in an office but hated business setting
attended a small junior college
drank alot during BSN school at Georgia Southern University
possess a GSU inking on right shoulder
never in the Boy Scouts, but got accused of eating a Brownie on a cuppla occasions
stayed at alot of Holiday Inns lately
earned first degree Black Belt in Taekwondo as a fat ass, husky-pants wearing 6th grader - this still counts right?
have a CRNA friend that is employed by Mil's group (its a small world after all)
wish I could ride the two-wheeler as good as Mil on the Dragon
think working under ATC design with JPP would be entertaining to say the least..
watch alot of Ultimate Fighting
would like to see JPP sink a rear naked choke on one of his CRNAs again
want to sink rear-naked choke on someone one day, in addition to including an arm bar, headbutt, breaking a beer bottle on someone's head, and perhaps a cue stick over the cranium should the occasion arise

while this is indeed amusing and I could go on and on - I think you get the point.....

No one cares so drop it

What is YOUR point? Are you AFRAID to stand up to all these doctors? YOU'RE A WIMP and a disgrace to the nursing profession!

cloud9 said:
jetproppilot said:
From NP vs PA thread:

"First off, I never implied that I would put my education up against a doctors, only a PA's. If I wanted to further my education, I would become a doctor."
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3217971#post3217971

Anything you want to tell us Cyndee?

Not implying your education is the same?

Vanderbilt, huh?

Is there anything wrong with going to Vanderbilt? Does that make me INFERIOR? Like I said in the PA/NP forum, I'll put my education up against a PA's any time any day. I never said I was a doctor nor did I say my education was equal to a doctors. The fact is, NP's and CRNA's are replacing doctors in some professions and it doesn't have anything to do with ME...it's ECONOMICS STUPID!

mountaindew2006 said:
jetproppilot said:
Chill out Jet

She might assume her nursely role and try to pull a "that's a JCAHO violation" stunt on OUR forum.

As a side note, I love how nurses like CYNDEE feel like they are the $hit when they rat out a doctor or try correcting us. I think it's an unconscious passive-aggressive action.

mountaindew2006 said:
jetproppilot said:
Chill out Jet

I'm anything but PASSIVELY aggressive...do you even know what the heck that means?

camkiss said:
We get sued more because that is where the money is, honey. Get a life.

What's this "HONEY" ****?

Cyndee said:
What is YOUR point? Are you AFRAID to stand up to all these doctors? YOU'RE A WIMP and a disgrace to the nursing profession!

You are the culmination of nursing schools shoving political rhetoric down graduate's oral orfices and not knowing the difference in real-world and what the organizations will have you to believe. The same crap is taught at my school and I think it is wrong. For someone being four months out of graduation, you surely know all. Believe what you want, I really don't care.

You have no idea about my qualifications nor the care I provide my patients while under anesthesia or MAC. Seniors are treated as staff (ie, no CRNAs present) and I do damn well, along with minimal input from my MD. In fact, I just finished a nine-hour shattered pelvis on my own with all kinds of meconium going on.
Leave the personal comments aside, or better yet, just leave.

mountaindew2006 said:
Cyndee said:
this is friggin laughable. I dont care if you have 5 bachelor degrees. YOU ARE A NURSE.

go back to NURSES.com

let me give you an example as to why nurses will NEVER be called doctors. Pharm

acists are now given PharmDs. They too are trying to take over a lot (moreso from what internists do)... Nevertheless, places like walgreens will NEVER allow them to be called DOCTOR X. in fact the managers at walgreens who MAY have gotten a bachelors is called Mr. Smith and likewise calls the pharmacist Mr. White. WHY?

it's MISLEADING TO THE PATIENT. Most ppl/ organizations realize that the term 'doctor' atleast in a clinically setting means physician. As such it would be MISLEADING for NURSES to be called doctors honey.

Secondly, i agree w/ jet in the sense that all you nurses that get MSN, NPs (BS BS BS) friggin post all those things on your white coats. I personally dont think you deserve a white coat (my conservatism again)...but I find it laughable that you all put all these degrees on your coat somehow thinking if you do, you will somehow be equal to a doctor.

Wrong forum baby girl. YOU ARE and will always be a NURSE. Unless you take advantage of the 'free country' you speak of and decide to attend a MEDICAL SCHOOL.

A NURSE WITH A DOCTORATE IS CALLED A DOCTOR NO MATTER HOW YOU SPELL IT!

jetproppilot said:
Cyndee said:
Lets cut through all the BS.

What you're really aggravated about is that we make (literally), more money in a year then you make in 9 or ten years. Thats what this is really about.

Sorry. Call it good fortune.

Oh right GOD, you're pulling down a million bucks a year!

Cyndee said:
jetproppilot said:
Oh right GOD, you're pulling down a million bucks a year!

CYNDEE

I'm a nurse.

You make me feel bad about being one! Nurses like you make all the derogatory statements true.

Or are you md2006/d2700 in disguise?

A quote from Cyndee's very first post on SDN (yesterday) in a PA vs. NP thread:

Cyndee said:
I normally don't get involved in petty discussions like this...

Well, now you've gone and made yourself a liar, haven't you?

Another quote from the same post cloud9 cited before (bolded emphasis mine):

Cyndee said:
Everything I told you is true about my education, it's not like I forgot the details, since I graduated 4 months ago!

I'll try not to be too hypocritical since I'm only an M1, but jeez...why don't you get some more experience in the real world before you start running your mouth? I hope you don't act like this in the real life, because it's only a matter of time before you get b*tch-slapped by someone who's fed up with your attitude if you do.

Noyac said:
cloud9 said:
OUCH!

Phony f*cking piece of ****.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm not trying to pretend to be anything I'm not. Want me to fax you my degree? Go to my profile and send me an e-mail with your fax number. I'm not "pretending" to be anything I'm not!

Trolly, trolly, trolly

cloud9 said:
Vanderbilt, huh?

Another gift from Vandy I see. Want to take a wild guess who is behind the aggressive push to change the labeling on Propofol to allow NAP? Vandy and its GI docs. I see that Vandy Santa is still busy distributing presents. Kinda wish he'd take some of his gifts back, he can keep'em.

Cyndee said:
cloud9 said:
Is there anything wrong with going to Vanderbilt? Does that make me INFERIOR? Like I said in the PA/NP forum, I'll put my education up against a PA's any time any day. I never said I was a doctor nor did I say my education was equal to a doctors. The fact is, NP's and CRNA's are replacing doctors in some professions and it doesn't have anything to do with ME...it's ECONOMICS STUPID!

1) I never typed there was anything wrong with Vandy.

2) you have numerous posts where you state that the care and safety of midlevel providers is equal to MD. Where does the safety come from? From KNOWING what to do, when to do it, when not to do it and why one should do it. This requires knowledge aka education, thus by stating the level of care is equal you state that the knowledge base must be equal. This what seperates technicians from physicians.

3) It is not about the "almighty dollar". It is more about supply. Underserved areas rely on midlevels but this doesn't mean the MD's aren't desired or needed.

4) I haven't resorted to name calling yet. :laugh:

Andy15430 said:
A quote from Cyndee's very first post on SDN (yesterday) in a PA vs. NP thread:

Well, now you've gone and made yourself a liar, haven't you?

Another quote from the same post cloud9 cited before (bolded emphasis mine):

What exactly makes me a liar? I had NEVER posted on this website until yesterday, so that WAS my first post!

I'll try not to be too hypocritical since I'm only an M1, but jeez...why don't you get some more experience in the real world before you start running your mouth? I hope you don't act like this in the real life, because it's only a matter of time before you get b*tch-slapped by someone who's fed up with your attitude if you do.

I have more than 10 years of experience in ghetto hospitals from New York to Colorado, so don't talk down to me schoolboy. As far as someone "bitch slapping" me...BRING IT ON. I'll not only put them in the ER, but I'll OWN them big time! I'D GIVE ANYTHING!

Cyndee said:
cloud9 said:

Cyndee, I see that you are arguing with many people on this forum this evening, but I must say, given your above post, I am very glad you are here. I personally find economics to be an interesting yet very complicated subject. I personally have had much difficulty really understanding the economics of medicine, even when I try to digest it in small pieces.

Cyndee, please expain to me the economic benefit of CRNA's replacing anesthesiologists. You know, I just don't get it. Now, let me be forthcoming and say that this is something I have asked about before. I think I even started a thread once about this, but whenever I ask, people get quiet. But since it obviously is very clear to you ("it's economics stupid"), can you please explain it to me? Almost everyone here seems to believe that 'it is economics', so maybe it is true, and if you can explain it to me, using somewhat realistic numbers, that would be great. It is true that economics is generally absent from medical school curricula so perhaps that explains why I just don't get, but I don't know if that's really it. I look forward to your explanation. Thanks in advance for contributing to the forum.

imnodr said:
Cyndee said:
CYNDEE

I'm a nurse.

You make me feel bad about being one! Nurses like you make all the derogatory statements true.

If you can't take the heat...then get off this forum RN!

MDEntropy said:
Cyndee said:
Cyndee, I see that you are arguing with many people on this forum this evening, but I must say, given your above post, I am very glad you are here. I personally find economics to be an interesting yet very complicated subject. I personally have had much difficulty really understanding the economics of medicine, even when I try to digest it in small pieces.

Cyndee, please expain to me the economic benefit of CRNA's replacing anesthesiologists. You know, I just don't get it. Now, let me be forthcoming and say that this is something I have asked about before. I think I even started a thread once about this, but whenever I ask, people get quiet. But since it obviously is very clear to you ("it's economics stupid"), can you please explain it to me? Almost everyone here seems to believe that 'it is economics', so maybe it is true, and if you can explain it to me, using somewhat realistic numbers, that would be great. It is true that economics is generally absent from medical school curricula so perhaps that explains why I just don't get, but I don't know if that's really it. I look forward to your explanation. Thanks in advance for contributing to the forum.

ECONOMICS 101:

HOSPITAL PAYS DOCTOR $300,000/YR
HOSPITAL PAYS CRNA $150,000/YR FOR SAME SERVICE
= savings of $150,000 per year for each anesthesiologist replaced by CRNA :D

Cyndee said:
MDEntropy said:
ECONOMICS 101:

Economics 102:

Physician accepts $150,000/yr salary
CRNA: unemployed

It's not rocket science.

imnodr said:
Cyndee said:
CYNDEE

I'm a nurse.

So sorry you don't feel good about being a nurse. Learn to stand up for yourself big girl/boy! I'm not here to make you feel good about yourself - JOIN A SUPPORT GROUP!

toughlife said:
Can you do one of your FBI-style profiles for Cyndee, RN, MSN, NP

Yeah, Tough...hmmmm...let me dig deep into the caverns of my profiling brain...

Yes....its coming to me....

Anyone...man, woman, white, black, asian, indian, who infiltrates another forum with contributions solely based on antagonism/s hit stirring/blasting the education of the individuals present has an inferiority complex. Plain and simple. This inferiority complex most likely has deep seeded origins which manifests itself with incessant insults to groups that are threatening, or insults aimed at groups the individual is unable to replicate their accomplishments.

Additionally, individuals utilizing internet anonyminity with such incessant, negative, blasting force, with no positive counterbalance, are typically underachievers in their own mind, yielding low self esteem.

Based on the above, the profile is painting a white female, 30-35 years old, divorced, little ability to maintain casual/professional/intimate relationships with the opposite sex, forceful, unliked by peers, condescending nature, five-feet-six to five-feet-seven inches tall, 150-180 lbs.

jetproppilot said:
Yeah, Tough...hmmmm...let me dig deep into the caverns of my profiling brain...

Yes....its coming to me....

Anyone...man, woman, white, black, asian, indian, who infiltrates another forum with contributions solely based on antagonism/s hit stirring/blasting the education of the individuals present has an inferiority complex. Plain and simple. This inferiority complex most likely has deep seeded origins which manifests itself with incessant insults to groups that are threatening, or insults aimed at groups the individual is unable to replicate their accomplishments.

Additionally, individuals utilizing internet anonyminity with such incessant, negative, blasting force, with no positive counterbalance, are typically underachievers in their own mind, yielding low self esteem.

Based on the above, the profile is painting a white female, 30-35 years old, divorced, little ability to maintain casual/professional/intimate relationships with the opposite sex, forceful, unliked by peers, condescending nature, five-feet-six to five-feet-seven inches tall, 150-180 lbs.

Nice one!

For a second I thought she could also be Mexican-American given that Corpus Christi is like little Mexico in TX.

toughlife said:
Cyndee said:
Economics 102:

Physician accepts $150,000/yr salary
CRNA: unemployed

It's not rocket science.

Economics 103:

Medical School Debt (unless you've got a rich daddy, but then why the hell go to med school?): $200,000

Years in PreMed/Med School/Residency: 11-12 years
= $150,000/year???

PLEASE...unless you're in it for something OTHER than the $$$, it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime! But then again...anesthesiologist accepts $150,000/yr...CRNA accepts $50,000/yr...CRNA HIRED! It's ALL about the money and the insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid and the hospitals are starting to figure it out!

p.s. I never said we didn't need doctors. The hospital could have ONE MDA supervising several CRNA's...maybe you can get THAT job!

Cyndee said:
MDEntropy said:
ECONOMICS 101:

OH, I see. So you are saying that if all anesthesiologists were 1) employed by hospitals (most of them aren't) and 2) were replaced by independently practicing CRNA's who were also employed by hospitals (even a smaller percentage of CRNA's who practice independently are hospital employees) then that entity which is THE HOSPITAL would make more money. Great, the hospital makes more money. But who really cares if the hospital makes more money? Do you as an NP care? Certainly, patients don't care? The hospital CEO, CFO and COO care because they are now getting bigger bonuses. But where is the value creation? I mean, there is no savings in your example, money has simply been moved around. There is no savings to patients, there is no savings to the health care system. Hmm, that explanation doesn't provide any real economic driving force for the gas docs to be replaced by CRNA's. So Cyndee, I guess I would like you to give me a more detailed and perhaps clearer example because this one doesn't even work for econ 101. Please try again.

Cyndee, I am serious here. Please show me some savings, some value creation, some economic benefit. I am really hoping you can shed some light on this issue. Thanks again in advance.

toughlife said:
Nice one!

For a second I thought she could also be Mexican-American given that Corpus Christi is like little Mexico in TX.

WRONG PROFILE FBI MAN! I'M A WHITE JEW! I'm married to a former gold medalist (World Games 1981 - inducted into the Jewish Sports Hall of Fame last summer -sorry can't help but brag) and I live on Padre Island (not exactly little Mexico). I'm 5'10 and weight 142 pounds. You are totally wrong on everything - HA HA HA HA :laugh:

toughlife said:
Nice one!

In the 28 years of my profiling career, Mexican-American females have made up .03% of these cases.
The vast majority of cases resembling this one are bitter white females.

Cyndee said:
toughlife said:
Economics 103:

Medical School Debt (unless you've got a rich daddy, but then why the hell go to med school?): $200,000

Years in PreMed/Med School/Residency: 11-12 years
= $150,000/year???

PLEASE...unless you're in it for something OTHER than the $$$, it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime! But then again...anesthesiologist accepts $150,000/yr...CRNA accepts $50,000/yr...CRNA HIRED! It's ALL about the money and the insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid and the hospitals are starting to figure it out!

p.s. I never said we didn't need doctors. The hospital could have ONE MDA supervising several CRNA's...maybe you can get THAT job!

Economics 104 :

What is wrong with making $150K per year? I would be more than happy to make that kinda cash. $150K is enough for me to save for retirement, live a fun life and drive around in my M3. So no worries on this end about making $150K. And if you are wondering, I would still take the $50K. What hospital would refuse such a deal?

toughlife said:
Nice one!

Do you live in Houston by any chance? I noticed that you know where CC is located, so I thought you might live there. If so...I would LOVE to meet you at the Houstonian and play you in tennis or racquetball. I'm in Houston about every other weekend.

p.s. I think it's hilarious that you thought I might be Mexican :laugh: :laugh: ! My husband and I are still laughing at THAT one!

toughlife said:
Cyndee said:
Economics 104 :

What is wrong with making $150K per year? I would be more than happy to make that kinda cash. $150K is enough for me to save for retirement, live a fun life and drive around in my M3. So no worries on this end about making $150K. And if you are wondering, I would still take the $50K. What hospital would refuse such a deal?

I'm impressed that you would accept 50K/yr. I'll admit...I don't know any CRNA's who would accept 25K/yr so YOU'RE HIRED and the CRNA can go back to nursing and make 60K/yr!

Cyndee said:
Do you live in Houston by any chance? I noticed that you know where CC is located, so I thought you might live there. If so...I would LOVE to meet you at the Houstonian and play you in tennis or racquetball. I'm in Houston about every other weekend.

p.s. I think it's hilarious that you thought I might be Mexican :laugh: :laugh: ! My husband and I are still laughing at THAT one!

Well you most certainly could be. Your profile says you have attended school in Colorado, and now work in CC. These two areas have a large mexican population so it was not far fetched to assume you could be MA.

Are you asking me out on a date now?