allanMED15

2+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2014
Biddeford, ME
Status
Medical Student
So..one of my letter writers had submitted my letter over a month ago. The other day, he mentioned that he wanted to write me a letter particular to the school that he graduated from. He had me go on his computer to send it to our manager who handles it being put on the letterhead of our practice. When I did that, I saw that it was pretty much the same letter with a few sentences adding how he was a graduate of the school in so and so year. How should I handle this?

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat
So..one of my letter writers had submitted my letter over a month ago. The other day, he mentioned that he wanted to write me a letter particular to the school that he graduated from. He had me go on his computer to send it to our manager who handles it being put on the letterhead of our practice. When I did that, I saw that it was pretty much the same letter with a few sentences adding how he was a graduate of the school in so and so year. How should I handle this?
Why not just send in the new letter to the school via AMCAS? Mailing the letter should also be fine, but best to check with the school's snail mail policy.

However, if your LOR writer already sent in the letter to the school where he graduated from, adding a new, slightly updated letter won't make much of a difference.

Commit Sudoku

OP
allanMED15

allanMED15

2+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2014
Biddeford, ME
Status
Medical Student
Why not just send in the new letter to the school via AMCAS? Mailing the letter should also be fine, but best to check with the school's snail mail policy.

However, if your LOR writer already sent in the letter to the school where he graduated from, adding a new, slightly updated letter won't make much of a difference.

Ok yea that is what I was thinking. He has already sent it to the school so I will tell him I don't need it. Thanks!