Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've noticed that everyone seems to have differing opinions regarding the importance of undergrad institution in terms of getting into med school. Can you guys offer your opinion on this scenario that I made up? I am interested to see what you all think:
Please rank the following four students (A-D) from 1-4 (1 being most likely to get into med school and 4 being least likely (speaking relatively) to get into med school): (Assume all 4 students have relatively similar EC's/LORs/everything else)
Student A: 3.6 gpa, top 20 undergrad, 31 MCAT
Student B: 3.9 gpa, state school, 31 MCAT
Student C: 3.6 gpa, top 20 undergrad, 33 MCAT
Student D: 3.9 gpa, state school, 33 MCAT
Please rank the following four students (A-D) from 1-4 (1 being most likely to get into med school and 4 being least likely (speaking relatively) to get into med school): (Assume all 4 students have relatively similar EC's/LORs/everything else)
Student A: 3.6 gpa, top 20 undergrad, 31 MCAT
Student B: 3.9 gpa, state school, 31 MCAT
Student C: 3.6 gpa, top 20 undergrad, 33 MCAT
Student D: 3.9 gpa, state school, 33 MCAT