Interfolio and letter delivery to AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lazybutt26

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So confusing!!

I understand that after clicking delivery on Interfolio, I will be prompt to enter the letter ID.
My question is, can I do the letter delivery from Interfolio to AMCAS before submitting my application? Planning to send it right on the day it is submittable

Thanks for your help!!
 
So confusing!!

I understand that after clicking delivery on Interfolio, I will be prompt to enter the letter ID.
My question is, can I do the letter delivery from Interfolio to AMCAS before submitting my application? Planning to send it right on the day it is submittable

Thanks for your help!!
Yes - on AMCAS you "add a letter," fill out the information and a letter ID form will be generated. Fill the corresponding letter IDs to the letters on Interfolio. When you send them from Interfolio, they will go to AMCAS. It usually takes a day or two before they're marked as "received." You don't need to have the letters in before you submit your primary (although you certainly can).
 
Yes - on AMCAS you "add a letter," fill out the information and a letter ID form will be generated. Fill the corresponding letter IDs to the letters on Interfolio. When you send them from Interfolio, they will go to AMCAS. It usually takes a day or two before they're marked as "received." You don't need to have the letters in before you submit your primary (although you certainly can).

Thank you so much for your reply! If you don't mind answering another question of mine..
Once AMCAS marks letters received-how do I have independently assign the letters to each schools that I am applying to?

Just noticed that some schools have different requirements as to the nature of the letter.

Thanks for your help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for your reply! If you don't mind answering another question of mine..
Once AMCAS marks letters received-how do I have independently assign the letters to each schools that I am applying to?

Just noticed that some schools have different requirements as to the nature of the letter.

Thanks for your help!
You assign the individual letters to the medical school. So if one school has a maximum of three letters, you pick the three and those are the only letters that school receives. If another school allows more, you can send them whatever you want.