Interfolio Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Womialas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check the threads but couldn't find an answer. I noticed that it costs $4 for an electronic delivery. Is this price per letter? Cause I have 5 letters and that would make $20 per school and add an extra $500 to the process. Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

the $4 charge is per delivery, not per letter. you won't be charged $500, but closer to $80

Interfolio fees are per delivery, up to about 20 pages (i.e., what they can stuff in a single envelope).

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hijack your post, but does anyone know if all schools accept Interfolio or should I do more research to find out for each school? Let me just say that it's unfair that some schools don't have a commitee letter!

Sorry to hijack your post, but does anyone know if all schools accept Interfolio or should I do more research to find out for each school? Let me just say that it's unfair that some schools don't have a commitee letter!

You should, obviously, check with each school to which you plan on applying. The good news is that, nowadays, most know what it is and state on their website that it's okay.

In my experience (~30 med school applications and ~6 grad school applications over 3 years), I've never encountered a school that didn't accept Interfolio.

Most schools should accept it, but some schools (like U of MN Twin Cities) require other recommendation information as well. Just something to keep in mind.