Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatoneguy3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me really quick how exactly to use interfolio for AACOMAS? I know it says to have my teachers upload the letters, so do i resend them their letters through interfolio?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes once your Profs upload their letters to interfolio, you can have them delivered to AACOMAS. They'll charge 48 dollars for the upgrade so deliveries can be made.

Members don't see this ad :)
1.) Request your letters through Interfolio which your letter writers will upload to your Dossier which are kept confidential from your reading.
2.) After the letter is uploaded by the writer and in your Dossier click the main menu on the Interfolio website and click on "Deliveries".
3.) Click on "New Delivery"
upload_2018-5-3_23-55-3.png

Followed by
upload_2018-5-3_23-55-26.png

Then click on the radio button that says: You enter your recommenders’ email addresses
The online application you’re using asks you to enter the email addresses of the people who will write your letters of recommendation.

4.) Select the check box next to the letter that you are sending to AACOMAS and click the continue button.
5.) Copy the email address it should read something like the image below. This is a fictitious email address generated by Interfolio.

upload_2018-5-3_23-59-49.png

6.) In the AACOMAS app under the "Evaluations" section. Request a new evaluation. In the contact information for the letter writer use the fictitious email address previously generated by Interfolio. Please see the example below.
upload_2018-5-4_0-3-39.png

7.) Interfolio is generally pretty quick but they said that sending the letter can take 1-3 days. After the letter has been processed by AACOMAS you should see it in your application and get a notification that the letter has been processed and added to your file.

Sending it to AMCAS is much easier and I wish that AACOMAS and Interfolio could simplify the process but it is not too bad once you learn the steps.

My apologies for the image files but somethings are better explained with a picture.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-3_23-53-45.png
    upload_2018-5-3_23-53-45.png
    12 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 2 users
1.) Request your letters through Interfolio which your letter writers will upload to your Dossier which are kept confidential from your reading.
2.) After the letter is uploaded by the writer and in your Dossier click the main menu on the Interfolio website and click on "Deliveries".
3.) Click on "New Delivery"
View attachment 233280

Followed by
View attachment 233281

Then click on the radio button that says: You enter your recommenders’ email addresses
The online application you’re using asks you to enter the email addresses of the people who will write your letters of recommendation.

4.) Select the check box next to the letter that you are sending to AACOMAS and click the continue button.
5.) Copy the email address it should read something like the image below. This is a fictitious email address generated by Interfolio.

View attachment 233282

6.) In the AACOMAS app under the "Evaluations" section. Request a new evaluation. In the contact information for the letter writer use the fictitious email address previously generated by Interfolio. Please see the example below.
View attachment 233283

7.) Interfolio is generally pretty quick but they said that sending the letter can take 1-3 days. After the letter has been processed by AACOMAS you should see it in your application and get a notification that the letter has been processed and added to your file.

Sending it to AMCAS is much easier and I wish that AACOMAS and Interfolio could simplify the process but it is not too bad once you learn the steps.

My apologies for the image files but somethings are better explained with a picture.

sweet thank you.

Wait so i did the same thing for amcas does that mean i did it wrong?..

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Do I have to get the upgrade or can I just pay the $4 like the past posts have said? I tried to submit my requests and it just sent me an error email telling me to upgrade.

Do I have to get the upgrade or can I just pay the $4 like the past posts have said? I tried to submit my requests and it just sent me an error email telling me to upgrade.

I believe that starting last year they went to a $48/year model. This allows 50 letter deliveries which is overkill for most applicants. Even if you apply to AACOMAS, AMCAS, and TMDSAS you would not come close to needing 50 deliveries. You can always use the built in AACOMAS and AMCAS letter services which are free. The downside is that the application services will not retain your letters if you ever need them again.

Reactions: 1 user