Interfolio Recommendation Type Option? And some DO not accepting interfolio letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryeguy

Reaction score
On interfolio there is an option for General Recommendation or Specific, which do you choose, does it matter if the letter is confidential?

Second, I noticed NYIT does not accept letters of recommendation submitted through interfolio, all my letters are on interfolio what do I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi rye,
You can upload Interfolio letters to the AACOMAS application system, so there won’t be any issues with schools you wish to send letters to unless you want to send extra letters via Interfolio. You can only upload a max of 6 letters (unless they changed it) to your AACOMAS application account.

Here is how to do it when the time comes -
LINK

Reactions: 1 users
@PapaGuava Just to verify, we can submit letters to AACOMAS through interfolio? I was just working on my application and it said we cant submit a letter via a third party company. Did I just misinterpret this?

Members don't see this ad :)
@PapaGuava Just to verify, we can submit letters to AACOMAS through interfolio? I was just working on my application and it said we cant submit a letter via a third party company. Did I just misinterpret this?
Yes you can, and if you follow the link in my first post it will show you the steps on how to do it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Yes you can, and if you follow the link in my first post it will show you the steps on how to do it :)
Thank you! Not to thread jack but can we submit our applications prior to adding letters of evaluations?

Hey OP, sorry to hijack this post but I figured it’s related and doesn’t warrant a whole new thread. I have a letter from a physician I got years ago; unfortunately, I didn’t know what the application process was like nor did I know about interfolio at the time, so he typed and mailed me a letter that is signed & on letterhead. Now that I know I need it uploaded, 4 years later now, I’m having so much trouble getting in contact with him to upload it.

One of the medical assistants at the practice can upload it for me, but it won’t be from an official @xcardiology.com email - it will be from her own personal email. Is this allowed? Will Interfolio or AACOMAS flag me for this? I’m worried that even after calling there 3-4x and leaving messages, and texting the physician a couple times with no response, that I’m going to have to cut my school list in half because they require physician letters.

Thank you all for your input.

Hey OP, sorry to hijack this post but I figured it’s related and doesn’t warrant a whole new thread. I have a letter from a physician I got years ago; unfortunately, I didn’t know what the application process was like nor did I know about interfolio at the time, so he typed and mailed me a letter that is signed & on letterhead. Now that I know I need it uploaded, 4 years later now, I’m having so much trouble getting in contact with him to upload it.

One of the medical assistants at the practice can upload it for me, but it won’t be from an official @xcardiology.com email - it will be from her own personal email. Is this allowed? Will Interfolio or AACOMAS flag me for this? I’m worried that even after calling there 3-4x and leaving messages, and texting the physician a couple times with no response, that I’m going to have to cut my school list in half because they require physician letters.

Thank you all for your input.

Letters uploaded from personal emails can be flagged as fraud - you definitely want to be careful around this. Is there a partner at the institution who can help upload it? Could the MA chat with the physician for you if they are still there?