Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've asked 3 of my professors to write me LOR's. I sent all three of them via Interfolio e-mails

Here are my questions and concerns.

Interfolio is sending them instructions on how to do everything correct?

So once I receive their documents I am good to go and don't have to worry about it anymore right?

What about their signatures on the letter? How can they put it on the LOR's? will they have to scan it in or can they just type their "name" as the signature?

One of the professor is really old school and she doesnt even use computers much!

should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad.

I've asked 3 of my professors to write me LOR's. I sent all three of them via Interfolio e-mails

Interfolio is sending them instructions on how to do everything correct?

So once I receive their documents I am good to go and don't have to worry about it anymore right?

What about their signatures on the letter? How can they put it on the LOR's? will they have to scan it in or can they just type their "name" as the signature?

One of the professor is really old school and she doesnt even use computers much!

should I be worried?

I have no idea, and I'm wondering the same things... thanks for asking!

Interfolio is sending them instructions on how to do everything correct? Yes.

So once I receive their documents I am good to go and don't have to worry about it anymore right? Yes, but you'll need to deal with the LOE form as well, if Interfolio doesn't have this, they can't submit your letters for you.

The below link will explain how they can do it (They even offer a tool that lets your writer sign using their mouse to create their electronic signature mouse2sig, quite handy). Typically you'll simply insert an electronic image of their signature to the document (very easy in modern software like Word). However they can also sign the letter and scan it, they can sign it and fax it in, or even sign and snail mail it.

http://www.interfolio.com/InterfolioLetterWriterGuide.pdf

should I be worried?

I would be a little worried. You might suggest/hold her/his hand through it, just give them the address and have them snail mail their LOR to interfolio, this way you'd avoid them having to try to figure out anything with the website or the electronic signature. I'm not precisely sure what Interfolio tells them, but I'm sure it includes the link I posted above, which is very helpful and inclusive.

If you've got any other questions, this thread might help you:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=807658

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you. what do you mean with " I have to deal with the LOR form as well"

You mis-read, the LOE form, the matching form that you normally have go to your letter writer. While your letter writer submits their letter to Interfolio, you need to also submit the LOE matching form to interfolio.

dentalWorks explains this in that thread I linked:

(This is the specific post in that thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10779261&postcount=6)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=807658

Interfolio touches on it:

http://help.interfolio.com/entries/176917-applying-to-aadsas

ADEA:
Q:Can I submit my letters of evaluation for my ADEA AADSAS application via Interfolio?
A: Although it does not matter what format your evaluators use to submit your letters to Interfolio, applicants must use the “paper option” when submitting letters from Interfolio to ADEA AADSAS. An electronic link between Interfolio and ADEA AADSAS does not exist.

In the ADEA AADSAS application, “Evaluators (LOE Matching Form)” section, the applicant must enter the evaluators information, select “paper” as the reference type (this option indicates how your letter will be submitted to ADEA AADSAS), and click “Save”. The applicant then prints the Letter of Evaluation Matching Form and submits it to Interfolio. Interfolio then prints the letter, attaches it to the ADEA AADSAS Letter of Evaluation Matching Form and forwards them to ADEA AADSAS.

Honestly, I think we need to create an interfolio FAQ for this forum, volunteers? :p

indeed. and thank you for your help and patience. I was just confused. I hope you can affirm what I am about to tell you.

Let's say in 2 weeks I have all my LOC's in my interfolio. At this point my professors and dentists are done.
Now it is my turn to create a pdf file via my interfolio account and have each LOC as a pdf file as well. Then i request interfolio to send all 8 LOC documents to AADSAS.

Correct? :oops:

indeed. and thank you for your help and patience. I was just confused. I hope you can affirm what I am about to tell you.

Let's say in 2 weeks I have all my LOC's in my interfolio. At this point my professors and dentists are done.
Now it is my turn to create a pdf file via my interfolio account and have each LOC as a pdf file as well. Then i request interfolio to send all 8 LOC documents to AADSAS.

Correct? :oops:

I don't think you need to create a PDF per say, I think the LOE matching forms are automatically produced in PDF form (unless when you said created, you meant submitted the matching forms that you get in PDF format; starting to sound confusing... :)). And it seems the letters submitted by your professors should be either in PDF format or a .doc format.

Anyway, once you have all 8 in Interfolio, then yes, have them sent together in one envelope to AADSAS.

I don't think you need to create a PDF per say, I think the LOE matching forms are automatically produced in PDF form (unless when you said created, you meant submitted the matching forms that you get in PDF format; starting to sound confusing... :)). And it seems the letters submitted by your professors should be either in PDF format or a .doc format.

Anyway, once you have all 8 in Interfolio, then yes, have them sent together in one envelope to AADSAS.

in an envelope? I thought it was sent electronically to AADSAS