You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Intern check in: How is it going so far?
Started by oldbearprofessor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Although I voted in the first category, there should have been a 5th category: "Great, but the call does get old after a while". I am excited that we are more than half finished!!!
I think I would have voted for that one as well!Although I voted in the first category, there should have been a 5th category: "Great, but the call does get old after a while". I am excited that we are more than half finished!!!

Seriously though, with the expception of one month thus far, I have been very happy as an intern. Sure, being on call gets old, especially around the holidays. But it's a million times better than being a student!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Clearly you guys aren't working hard enough. Get back to work😉
Gee, I thought this reply was going to say "bump" too! 😉 Bored today?Clearly you guys aren't working hard enough. Get back to work😉
Trolling through the Pediatrics (read 20million posts about interviews) Board, how can one not be bored? Just experimenting a little...😀
Whats been the funniest thing a patient has said to you this year?
I have one, 6 year old child diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes received in-hospital education about his disease. He then stated to me the following morning:
"I have Diabetes and I need insulin because my pancakes dont work!"

I have one, 6 year old child diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes received in-hospital education about his disease. He then stated to me the following morning:
"I have Diabetes and I need insulin because my pancakes dont work!"

Pancakes--funny stuff!
That's why peds is so fun, right?
Actually, I just realized that many of my adult patients may have had the same level of understanding after their education about DM...
I'm happy that you interns are happy, because hopefully that'll be my reply in 1 year!
That's why peds is so fun, right?
Actually, I just realized that many of my adult patients may have had the same level of understanding after their education about DM...
I'm happy that you interns are happy, because hopefully that'll be my reply in 1 year!
Bumping for any new thoughts....😛
The end (of internship...) is coming soon😀
The end (of internship...) is coming soon😀
The schedule is much worse. In almost every residency, the first-years have to do the lion's share of staying up all night, answering pages from nurses about all kinds of things, and dealing with paperwork and red tape.
I guess that's true of a lot of professions, though. Except I don't think nurses page attorneys that often.
I guess that's true of a lot of professions, though. Except I don't think nurses page attorneys that often.
My new thought is, "Oh no, now I have to be the supervising upperlevel! Wasn't I supposed to have learned everything by now???"Bumping for any new thoughts....😛
The end (of internship...) is coming soon😀
My new thought is, "Oh no, now I have to be the supervising upperlevel! Wasn't I supposed to have learned everything by now???"
No. A lot of people think that once they're residents, they can't ask quesitons. That's not the case. You'll still have staff to teach you
My new thought is, "Oh no, now I have to be the supervising upperlevel! Wasn't I supposed to have learned everything by now???"
It's still weird.. some days and nights I feel on top of everything, like a superstar! Other call nights I still get yelled at and nothing goes well or gets done on time. Its frustrating to have only a couple months left and still make "intern mistakes" on horrible call nights. I am both excited but nervous about being a senior resident soon, but glad to say goodbye to intern year!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 7K