Intern hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stevephhs016

Zug Zug
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a question in regards to Intern hours to get licensed.

I currently don't have intern hours and am moving to a state that requires intern hours for licensing as a pharmacist.

I was wondering if this process would work. To register as a intern at that state asap, and to log my hours as a grad intern while working there.

So in terms of taking the NAPLEX etc, would I be delayed to take the exam if I don't have the hours necessary for the application UNTIL I can get those # of hours; resubmit them to the board; wait for an approval of those hours; and then I can take my exam?

Or should I go with the other process which is to get my license in a nearby state that doesn't require hours...work there...and then transfer my license to the state that requires hours? Will that work or would I still have to provide documentations of those # of intern hours to satify that state's board?

Members don't see this ad.

To my knowledge if you did rotations with the school (in your last year) chances are those hours should go towards the licensing requirement for intern hours. ALL states (i may be wrong) require intern hours