Intern in retail or hospital setting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KingJulles11

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all!
I will be a p1 in a couple of weeks. I have 2 great opportunities to work either as an intern in a retail store in which I had worked as a tech, or in a hospital. I have never worked in a hospital pharmacy but do have interest. I would like to know from anyone, what pay is like for both? Which one can I work ~30hrs while in school? Any other information is welcome!
 
Hello all!
I will be a p1 in a couple of weeks. I have 2 great opportunities to work either as an intern in a retail store in which I had worked as a tech, or in a hospital. I have never worked in a hospital pharmacy but do have interest. I would like to know from anyone, what pay is like for both? Which one can I work ~30hrs while in school? Any other information is welcome!
What I meant by my 2nd ? Is...*which one would be more manageable to work 30 hrs while in school*
 
I would snag the hospital job. These are normally more sought after in saturated areas (such as a college town with a COP). The hospital experience, especially 4 years worth, will put you in a better position for the job market in 4 years.

Tech pay is generally higher in hospital than in retail. I would imagine intern pay is along the same lines.

As far as working 30 hours/week... I can only speak for retail.. which is quite draining... on your feet, angry customers, frustrating phone calls, etc. Also, depending on your state, 30 hours/week might put you into full-time status. Which a chain would not allow.