Intern year is so O V E R!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamLover

Bored Certified
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:clap:As of this very moment I am on vacation and packing to move for my CA-1 year....the sweet victory of completion!! I WILL NEVER ADMIT ANOTHER VA PATIENT! (That is only the tip of the iceberg of things I will never have to do again!!!!):clap:

Ciao Internal Medicine....you will not be missed!:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

four more days of freedom until my intern year begins ;-( ....i feel like i have forgotten everything in my partious stupor....i hope they don't expect too much ;-)

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap:As of this very moment I am on vacation and packing to move for my CA-1 year....the sweet victory of completion!! I WILL NEVER ADMIT ANOTHER VA PATIENT! (That is only the tip of the iceberg of things I will never have to do again!!!!):clap:

Ciao Internal Medicine....you will not be missed!:soexcited:

Congrats Dudette!

T - minus 2 calls and 3 total days left on peds, then no more admits for bs r/o PNA w/no fever or white count :laugh:

Oh Internal Medicine, how I will not miss you so...let me count the ways...

1. Staying up the whole night to admit five train wreck, but " not a candidate for the ICU " patients and what's worse-staying the whole of the next day after presenting them

2. Trying to determine if the next of kin for a vented, sedated hypotensive on two pressors patient is really the legal wife or is she the common law wife ..or do I keep leaving voice mail messages for the eldest son in Tampa who doesn't call back so that we may, at some point, discuss goals of care for his parent..

3. The nursing home patients who come on a Friday morning for " intractable vomiting " but amazingly hold down full meals by the time we see them-yet cannot return to the facility until Monday because it is their
" Policy "-and then end up staying even LONGER because they fall and hit their head/fracture a hip/develop a cellulitis from the IV...

4. Taking care of You Name It Non Medicine Service's patient who really needs to go to the OR/Stroke Unit/Epilepsy Unit but can't because their glucose on the admission metabolic panel was 200 or the creatinine was 1.7..

Good times...good times...

Last edited:
Oh Internal Medicine, how I will not miss you so...let me count the ways...

1. Staying up the whole night to ADMIT five train wreck, but " not a candidate for the ICU " patients and what's worse-staying the whole of the next day after presenting them

2. Trying to determine if the next of kin for a vented, sedated hypotensive on two pressors patient is really the legal wife or is she the common law wife ..or do I keep leaving voice mail messages for the eldest son in Tampa who doesn't call back so that we may, at some point, discuss goals of care for his parent..

3. The nursing home patients who come on a Friday morning for " intractable vomiting " but amazingly hold down full meals by the time we see them-yet cannot return to the facility until Monday because it is their
" Policy "-and then end up staying even LONGER because they fall and hit their head/fracture a hip/develop a cellulitis from the IV...

4. Taking care of You Name It Non Medicine Service's patient who really needs to go to the OR/Stroke Unit/Epilepsy Unit but can't because their glucose on the admission metabolic panel was 200 or the creatinine was 1.7..

Good times...good times...

What does ADMIT mean?:lol:

What does ADMIT mean?:lol:

I'm seriously trying to forget what it means. I've been unofficially done for 2 weeks and trying to repress the memories. Does finishing residency completely even come close to the feeling of finishing an IM intern year?? I can't imagine anything feeling any better.

I'm seriously trying to forget what it means. I've been unofficially done for 2 weeks and trying to repress the memories. Does finishing residency completely even come close to the feeling of finishing an IM intern year?? I can't imagine anything feeling any better.

Sorry Bro, you've reached the high point. Nothing better than finishing your intern year unless you are stuck in....internal medcine or surgery.