Intern Year ITE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaspasser127

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Any tips for studying for intern year anesthesia ITE? Any good resources out? My program is categorical and includes 4 months of IM, 3 months of peds, 2 months of surgery, and 2 months of anesthesia related rotations (intro to anesthesia and pain clinic)

Also, any other reading that I should be doing during intern year to build a good foundation going into my CA1 year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it. Be prepared to study for your subsequent years. As always, improvement is what is key. If you are really inclined to do some studying, I would read a few basic chapters from baby Miller (eg volatiles, other anesthesia drugs, some physiology). Baby Miller has everything you need in order to ace the ITE. I would save Q banks like true learn and M5 for later in your residency years.

Reactions: 1 user
Look over the Stanford CA-1 guide (Google it) a ton of high yield points there they frequently test.

The intern year exam doesn’t matter at all as there is so much variability between programs. Just read up on stuff that will be useful once you start your CA years and relax.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

Any tips for studying for intern year anesthesia ITE? Any good resources out? My program is categorical and includes 4 months of IM, 3 months of peds, 2 months of surgery, and 2 months of anesthesia related rotations (intro to anesthesia and pain clinic)

Also, any other reading that I should be doing during intern year to build a good foundation going into my CA1 year?

Thanks!
Read the beginning chapters of baby miller for CA1 year. That's about it. Wouldn't specifically study for ITE. Intern year score for most programs is literally meaningless.

That said, if you must study there are question banks out there for this sort of thing such as True Learn. Again, think this isn't necessary for intern year though.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I'm reading through M and M, Barash's Clinical Anesthesia, doing all the questions from Hall's Anesthesia: a comprehensive review, as well as everything from Truelearn...expecting to get anywhere between a 47-50. Surprised you haven't done more already OP.

Hahahahahahahahaha yeah right...I'm just trying to survive my gen surg rotation.

I'm reading through M and M, Barash's Clinical Anesthesia, doing all the questions from Hall's Anesthesia: a comprehensive review, as well as everything from Truelearn...expecting to get anywhere between a 47-50. Surprised you haven't done more already OP.

Hahahahahahahahaha yeah right...I'm just trying to survive my gen surg rotation.

As I was reading your post I was like damn I need to hit the books

Knowing what's in the Stanford guide will get you a perfectly adequate score on the ITE and a good enough start to begin learning in the operating room with the big picture. I would just pick a big text you like after that and start going for it (Barash, Miller), making notes and highlighting useful new things you learn so you can quickly review each chapter you've read and sum it up.