internation students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kitty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need some advice. I am working to finish my pre-req. However, most of them I did at an international institution. This is causing me trouble because my chances to apply to some institutions are short only some schools accept them. I feel in disadvatage. Is anybody in that situation? What are you doing to improve your chances to be accepted?:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

These are the rules of the game and we have to play by their rules. Do the research and find the schools which welcome foreign transcripts.

I have international transcripts too. Many schools requires a separate evaluation agency to evaluate your foreign transcript/s and forward it to them from the agency directly. You need to call/visit the school's website for exact infor about this.

Oh and yes, I do feel disadvantage with international transcripts. I have to repeat some courses that I did overseas already just because some schools refused them.

Ultimately, the school has the final call. They may accept some or none of your coursework overseas. I understand how you feel as I feel somewhat similar, particularly repeating stuff that I've done already.

Goodluck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I need some advice. I am working to finish my pre-req. However, most of them I did at an international institution. This is causing me trouble because my chances to apply to some institutions are short only some schools accept them. I feel in disadvatage. Is anybody in that situation? What are you doing to improve your chances to be accepted?:luck:

I didn't use mine. 41/2 yrs worth of college work and over 130 credit hrs
I just started over again. I just printed the pre-req. for the schools I wanted to apply to and went to work. it took me 3yrs but I am glad because it allowed me to be competitive during the application cycle.
I am in P1 and am loving it.

thank you very much for all your replies, it makes me feel more confident and it is increasing my faith:)

I finished my college out side of usa. I used WES as my transcript evaluation agent. Most school accepted it.